Dr. Alexander Paraschos MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 5th, 2014
Emergency
I was having terrible chest pain. I went to Alamance Hospital and was checked by the doctor on staff. He called in Dr. Paraschos. Dr. Paraschos examined me and told me that he might be able to fix my problem with a stent but that he would need to do further testing to determine this. He did those tests, then called me back in. He told me, as gently and kindly as he could, that I needed to have open heart surgery. He called UNC-CH hospital (my choice). They sent an ambulance immediately for me. The surgeon could not perform the open heart surgery that night because my heart was too weak. I had one artery blocked at 80%, one at 90%, and one at 100%. I was literally dying when I was admitted. The following morning, I had an eight hour open heart surgery. That has been five years ago now. Dr. Paraschos, a kind man and a total gentleman, saved my life.

May 6th, 2014
Mrs
Dr Paraschos was very through and did a heart cath on me.

April 15th, 2012
Felt sexually harassed
I took my mother in for her appointment with Dr.Paraschos a few weeks back. I was first floored by his long stare he gave me when he walked into the room. After he talked to my mother for a few minutes he then started asking me personal questions that had nothing to do with the appointment. When I asked him how that was related to my mothers appointment he got very cocky and stated that most woman were very attracted to him and I should be flattered. If it wasn't for my mothers serious medical condition and worrying it will effect her health for the worse I would file a sexual harassment claim. The other staff members were very professional.

March 3rd, 2010
Care
I am wife to one of his patient. For over 10 years I been watching my husband slowly die of chf. We had great dr in Wi that cared about him. They had a team of drs in place for care. Here the drs do not talk to other dr. They just throw a bandaid on the problem and send you home. There is no support. I am brushed off by this dr. I am the wife. I have questions. He spend his time recording his finding. We are lone and scared here. We no supports. Do not get me started on the hospital. Do not go to Almanace. THey will kill you period. They called me on the phone and told me my husband had cancer. Then 12 hours later told me there was a mistake. This is my husband heart they messing with everyday. I do not trust them at all.

October 17th, 2012