Psychiatrists

8712 4th Ave
Fl 1
Brooklyn, NY 11209
718-238-7307
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
by Dmitriy on Oct 9th, 2013

So I came into this doctor's midwood location at 1840 E 14th St. I found him through my insurance directory and made an appointment for the following week. I came in and the staff was very nice, there were no other patients there so I waited maybe 15 minutes tops. So I come into the doctor's office and describe to him my OCD issues. To which he responds that he's not an "OCD specialist". Keep in mind he's a psychiatrist its' not as though he's a therapist who will be doing CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy. This experience was beyond absurd.

|  The Worst Psychiatrist  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

I came here recently after a struggle with anxiety and now benzodiazepine withdrawal. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Alexander Pinkusovich to my WORST ENEMY! The office was empty, and actually the staff is very nice but Mr. Pinkusovich was the RUDEST person and most UNPROFESSIONAL doctor I have ever met.30 seconds into explaining my problems to him, he abruptly started saying "no, NO! I don't treat people with previous problems." ...It was actually the last day of my medication which I can't just stop taking cold-turkey. He told me "it's YOUR problem, go to an emergency room." I said "But, what am I supposed to do, my medication is going to end please help me." He said "It's NOT MY PROBLEM, I'm the doctor and I can refuse to treat anyone I want. Call 911." I got up and walked out. I understand a doctor isn't required to treat anyone for any reason, but wow who talks like that? Stay away from him at all costs.