A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Rowland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Rowland, Board Certified Orthopedic Hand, Wrist, & Elbow Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rowland
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rowland Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acquired Hand Deformities
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Arm Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Elbow Neuropathy (Ulnar Neuropathies)
- Hand Deformities
- Hand Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Rowland graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rowland has 4 hospital affiliations:
- North Central Baptist Hospital
- Baptist System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander S Rowland MD is a male Hand Surgeion, has 15 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Alexander S. Rowland practice?
- Dr. Alexander Rowland has 3 office locations.
Dr. Alexander Rowland practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Schertz, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.