A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Ruthven:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Ruthven is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Ruthven, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Ruthven graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.More Education & Awards
Dr. Ruthven has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Port Huron Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ruthven accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 22 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 10 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Anthem - 31 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alexander G. Ruthven practice?
Dr. Alexander Ruthven practices Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Geriatric Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Port Huron, MI.
See Port Huron Family Physicians, Port Huron Sports Medicine Doctors, Port Huron Physiatrists, and Port Huron Geriatric Doctors.