A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Young:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Young
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Young Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Young, MD, MPH, MS is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- HIV Infections
- Mental Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Young graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Young has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander S Young MD, MPH, and MS is a male Psychiatrist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Alexander S. Young practice?
- Dr. Alexander Young has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Young practices Psychiatry near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Psychiatrists.