A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Shepherd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Shepherd graduated from University Of St. Andrews, Scotland.
Dr. Shepherd has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shepherd accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alexander M. Shepherd practice?
Dr. Alexander Shepherd practices Surgery, Clinical Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, and Adult Medicine near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons, San Antonio Clinical Pharmacologists, San Antonio Internists, and San Antonio Family Physicians.