A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Shepherd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Shepherd is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shepherd
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shepherd Learn More
Education & Awards
Dr. Shepherd graduated from University Of St. Andrews, Scotland.
Dr. Shepherd has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Matthew Monc Shepherd MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 43 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Adult Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Alexander M. Shepherd practice?
- Dr. Alexander Shepherd has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Shepherd practices Internal Medicine and Adult Medicine near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Internists and San Antonio Family Physicians.