A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Shepherd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Shepherd graduated from University Of St. Andrews, Scotland.
Dr. Shepherd has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shepherd accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan