Dr. Alexander Shifrin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 30th, 2016
Dr. Shifrin removed my cancerous thyroid with the least amount of discomfort for me and with terrific results. Recovery was quick and occurred exactly as he predicted. His skill and expertise resulted in a very negligible incision site and his professional demeanor is much appreciated. I would highly recommend him to anyone who may need his services. His staff is exemplary and extremely helpful and knowledgeable as well as kind and professional.

May 28th, 2016
Highly Recommend
Had a great experience with great staff. Highly recommend.

May 18th, 2016
Total Thyroidectomy
Dr. Shifrin the meaning of " A True Professional, Knowledgeable" doctor. Words cannot describe how grateful and at ease I was when I found out Dr. Shifrin was a provider with my new insurance. I met Dr. Shifrin approximately 3-4 years ago. He performed a biopsy on several nodules I had at the time (benign) _ great! Went on with my life, and lost my job. Time passes and I start a new job. Unfortunately, at this time I'm not feeling too well. I was very bless that Dr. Shifrin was a provider in the network with my new insurance - "Thank God". I went to see the doctor and after several test was told I needed surgery. To make a long story short, Dr. Shifrin was amazing. I knew with him I was going to be ok, with any other surgeon I would not have been so confident and at ease. His office staff have so much knowledge and compassion. I will never forget the first time I met Linda - she is the best!. Thank you all for everything and most of all Dr. Shifrin - I am able to swallow again. Once the thyroid was removed it was send to pathology. "Happy Ending" (benign). God Bless to all the Great Surgeons out there and especially to the one and only "Dr. Shifrin"!

March 25th, 2016
I am very impressed with every one in Dr. Shifrin's office, including the doctor. Everyone is very smart, courteous, friendly and professional. It's a pleasure to go there!

March 22nd, 2016
The office staff were professional and very organized. They took care of everything. I received exceptional communication throughout the process leading up and after surgery. Dr. Shifrin is a subject matter expert and an excellent surgeon. Tara the PA has incredible bed side manner. Very thankful I was referred to Dr. Shifrin.

March 11th, 2016
I am so impressed and grateful to Dr. Shifrin for performing my recent parathyroidectomy. In 2011 I had the same procedure done by another surgeon, but after some time, I had a reoccurance of hypercalcemia. Because of having prior surgery, I had a lot of scar tissue, but Dr. Shifrin and his team did an outstanding job! I was able to go home the same day, my incision is so much smaller than the first time, and is healing up so well. I am also feeling better everyday. I also need to thank everyone of Dr. Shifrin's staff. They are all so courteous, efficient and professional.

February 20th, 2016
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Dr. Shifrin and his entire staff -- Linda, Megan, Jamila, Lauren and Tara -- were all AMAZING. I was very, very nervous about having a biopsy and then surgery done, but Dr. Shifrin and entire staff went above and beyond to put me at easy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

February 4th, 2016
Though I do not know the final outcome, I feel that I finally have the right doctor for my particular health issue. I also have high praise for his office staff: Linda, Jamillah, Megan and Lauren. Additionally, his PA was thorough and patient with my questions.

January 18th, 2016
Dr. Shifrin
Naturally, I was upset and scared upon my first visit to meet Dr. Shifrin. At first, he may seem stern and his bedside manner can leave a lot to be desired. His primary concern is about providing the best possible diagnosis and care. However, when all things were said and done, I could not have been happier with him. We were both smiling for my last visit. You can’t even see my scar and it is only three weeks. I would highly recommend him and just to mention as well, his staff was outstanding!

July 18th, 2015
Simply the best!!!

March 28th, 2015
Very professional in every way!