A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Shpaner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Shpaner, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shpaner
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shpaner Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Shpaner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shpaner graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shpaner has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Grossmont Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Shpaner MD is a male Internist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alexander Shpaner practice?
- Dr. Alexander Shpaner has 2 office locations.
Dr. Alexander Shpaner practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: La Mesa, CA.
See San Diego Internists and San Diego Gastroenterologists.