A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Shpaner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Shpaner, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Shpaner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shpaner graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shpaner has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Grossmont Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Shpaner MD is a male Internist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alexander Shpaner practice?
- Dr. Alexander Shpaner has 2 office locations.
Dr. Alexander Shpaner practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: La Mesa, CA.
See San Diego Internists and San Diego Gastroenterologists.