Dr. Alexander Soutter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

December 29th, 2015
bedside manner
Dr. Stouter bedside manner is by far the best in the industry. Recently ,my daughter was rushed to Fairfax Hospital complaining of stomach pain. Dr Stouter was the surgeon on duty, he kneeled down to talk to my daughter who had been crying all day because of stomach pain. He immediate put me at easy and I felt confident knowing he was actually listening to her explain what she was feeling and accessing the next step. Needless to say my daughter had to have surgery on Christmas Day. Great Doctors are made by how they treat their patients and the referrals that come from the outstanding service they provide. Thank you for being on call Christmas Day.

February 20th, 2015
All around wonderful!!
Awesome experience! My son loved him! He has great creds and we had a successful surgery - need I say more? :)

April 22nd, 2013
Patient and compassionate
Dr. Soutter is an amazing physician. He is quite competent and knowledgable. He is always patient and never appears to be in a hurry. I can't say enough about how wonderful he is!

September 3rd, 2012
Misleading and scaring patient. Poor judgement.

November 14th, 2011
Mom of 3 boys
Dr. Soutter is very knowledgeable and caring when it comes to his pediatric patients. The office staff remains helpful and the environment is friendly for children of all ages and clean. He thoroughly explains his procedures and alternatives to your concerns and questions. He always wears a smile and is dependable. This is my second service with Dr. Soutter and I will recommend his services to anyone.

June 22nd, 2011
After a very long day of being in the ER we met with Dr. Soutter and he was very reassuring. Our son had other issues that complicated surgery and he made sure he told me everything he would be doing and all the steps he was taking to make sure the other issues were addressed. Even though the surgery was very late at night he never seemed to be in a hurry and answered all of my questions. After surgery he came out with two thumbs up before he got to where we sitting. Each morning after surgery he spent a lot of time talking not only to me but also to my son to see how we were both doing. I feel it was a blessing to have met such a great doctor!

December 8th, 2009
Parents of child with Wilms Tumor
We were told by one of the Child Life specialists that Dr. Soutter was one of the best. I thought perhaps she was just trying to reassure us, but after our sons' first surgery I was convinced. He spent as long as it took to explain the procedure, what he would be doing, how our son would feel afterward, in quite a bit of detail. Before our sons second surgery to remove his tumor (he has stage IV Wilms), Dr. Soutter met with a number of times before the surgery to make sure we completely understood what he would be doing, the risks, etc. He was very reassuring to not only us, but also to our son who is only 5 1/2. After the procedure he came out with 2 thumbs up and I felt that he truly cared and cares about every patient he has.I would 100% recommend Dr. Soutter and his office to anyone with a child needing surgery.

January 13th, 2009
Amazing Doctor
Great doctor, the best I've met so far! great with kids!

November 20th, 2008
Parent
Fabulous with children - unbelievable in today's world that you would get such a caring doctor who spent so much time with my child putting him at ease.