Dr. Alexander Spira MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Fairfax, VA

3.4

October 31st, 2014
Dr Spira seems to know his oncology. But he is extraordinary rude, careless with horrible bed side manner. He seems to care more about enrolling patients to his studies rather than the patient. care. I switched to another oncology group mid treatment and that is the best decision I have ever made.

June 13th, 2011
Dr. Spira diagnosed my TTP and through his quick thinking as swift action he saved my life! He was extremely compassionate and caring. He took the time to answer all my questions, making sure I fully understood what was happening to me and what my treatment would entail.

November 16th, 2010
Devastated patient
This Doctor even though gives you the impression that he cares for his patients, please beware as his patients are just another number! His bedside manners are crude and highly uncaring when it really comes down to it, and when it really matters. If you have cancer he is the last doctor you want to see as he provides the basic diagnosis, and if you dont make it then oh well...A very uncaring doctor, who I believe led to my mothers ultimate demise....

November 16th, 2010
Stay away from Dr. Spira
Dr. Spira sees his patients as numbers or better yet statistics. He takes away their hope, when that is ALL a cancer patient has. A cancer patient understands the difficulty and severity of their disease, yet rather than helping a patient find alternatives and providing hope, Dr. Spira takes that away, constantly reminding them of their devestating disease leaving them hopeless and alone.

November 4th, 2010
Exemplifies the Best
Dr. Alex Spira exemplifies the best... his commitment to excellence, thoroughness, competence and compassion as a true healer combined to save my life when I was challenged by acute myelogenous leukemia. A prompt diagnosis, compassionate and attentive patient care, and comprehensive after-care all served to help me navigate this life-threatening condition. My cancer went into remission after the first month of chemotherapy (i.e., the induction phase of treatment), and remained in remission during the consolidation phase of chemotherapy. Now, one year after the diagnosis, I have returned to work and, although still exhibiting myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), I continue to receive thorough care with Dr. Spira and the superlative nursing staff at his Fairfax practice.

November 3rd, 2010
Dr. Spira lacks personal skills. He is a negative doctor regarding cancer. He does not give hope to his patients and is very blunt - telling patients they have weeks, days, and even hours for them to live. Horrible experience and my suggestion is for patients to look for positive doctors since more than half the battle with cancer is hope and attitude.

April 4th, 2009
Smart and caring doctor
He gave me the latest information about my cancer and alot of information about my options. He is exact what I needed.

November 19th, 2008
Very disappointed
He was professional in the extreme!! He is business-like and matter of fact !! He showed no warmth, no caring or concern. Our family felt hopeless and helpless when he spoke to us.