Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Sleep Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist

Video profile

Amazing Neurologist show details Amazing Neurologist
by Jon & Jody Kusmider on Apr 20th, 2016

My Husband has young Onset Parkinson's Disease and we are working with Dr. Spitzer for the disease itself as well as associated sleep issues. He's easily one of the most intelligent and analytical Doctors we have seen. Because of his Electrical Engineering background, he is working on different bio-chemical pathways not involving serotonin to combat loss of sleep. He explains things, he speaks to us like intelligent people, and his approach is both logical and compassionate. He also addresses approaches to care that lead to better insurance coverage, because we all know, insurance is in the business to make money for themselves.

Feb 19th, 2016

I took my father to an appointment with Dr. Spitzer. We found him to be very rude, had a terrible bedside manner, actually spoke very rude to my elderly parents, almost yelling at them at times. When we would ask questions he was very rude and abrupt in answering them. We would never take my father back to see him again, we will seek care elsewhere. At one point I wanted to get up and walk out of the room due to his severe rudeness to my parents. My advice, seek another provider who will be less rude and show compassion.

by Carol N. on Jan 6th, 2016

Dr. Spitzer is terrific!!!!! You may have to wait to be seen as he spends time with each patient - doesn't rush through your visit and that is why he sometimes runs late because he is spending quality time with the person ahead of you also. The best sleep disorder doctor to come to our area.

Aug 16th, 2015

On the initial he took a lot of time and said he would help my problem. At the follow up however, he said I needed a very expensive $1200/mo pharmaceutical treatment that was also dangerous upon my personal research. When i didn't agree with his recommended treatment due to cost alone he responded by saying when I was ready to take the medication to let him know. So much for working with me to help my situation. Needless to say i never saw him again.

One of the best show details One of the best
by Daflene M Folkersma on May 8th, 2014

Dr. Spitzer saved my life. I was in constant pain, I would fall asleep during conversations and didnt even know it. My depression was out of control because my own Dr. Wouldnt believe there was something wrong. Dr. Spitzer spent time with me, spent almost 2 1/2 hours on my first visit looking at my sleep study, my history, dicusssing how best to address my migraines and diagnosed me with narcolepcy. Something my Dr missed for almost 10 years. Thank you Dr. Spitzer for giving me my life back.

Sep 27th, 2011

By another physician's referral, my father sought treatment from Dr. Spitzer over a period of one year. Our appt wait time was NEVER less than one hour, on one occasion it was two hours. He was rude and curt, talking down to my father. The appointment clerk mixed my father's appt up with another patient's on two occasions. When my father approached Dr. Spitzer with his concerns, he was met with anger and rudeness. The office was dirty and outdated. We reported this to the referring doctor and sought treatment elsewhere.

Dr. A. Robert Spitzer is a Breath of Fresh Air show details Dr. A. Robert Spitzer is a Breath of Fresh Air
Jan 21st, 2011

Dr. Spitzer is one of the best doctors in his field. He is a researcher and a doctor who actually took time to ask questions and listen to my responses. For the first time in years, I was successfully treated for fibromyalgia and CF and working full time, making good money. I would highly recommend him.

One of the best in his field show details One of the best in his field
by SK on Aug 24th, 2010

Once in a while you come across an excellent doctor. Dr. Spitzer is one of them. When I was concerned about an Rx med and my headaches he spent over an hour explaining everything to me. No matter my questions, he took the time to educate me. He wants his patient to be involved with their health. I only wish all my Dr's could be as wonderful, and knowledgeable, as Dr. Spitzer.

Insightful and Caring Practioner show details Insightful and Caring Practioner
Oct 29th, 2009

DR. Spitzer is an exceptional doctor, who is a researcher as well. If you suffer with fibromylagia or other difficult to diagnose ailments, he is superb at identifying the problem and prescribing something that will help. He is willing to spend forty minutes in consultation.