Dr. Alexander Targ Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alexander Targ?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Alexander Targ?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 8th, 2016

Parent

Dr. Targ has anesthetized my son for dental cleanings for a number (10?) of years now. I have always found he, and his staff to be competent, friendly, thorough, and accommodating. I see people complaining about the way he bills, and I just don't understand this. Dr. Targ is a medical anesthesiologist. I think people confuse the fact that the procedure is being performed in a dental setting, with what something like this would cost if it were performed in a hospital setting. Dr. Targ actually charges the parents a very reasonable, and affordable amount, then attempts to recoup true cost from the insurance company. I have never failed to receive a check from Dr. Targ, reimbursing my out of pocket expense, once the insurance company has paid him. He always takes the time to explain exactly what is happening, while it's happening, in a very calming, non-condescending manner. If Dr. Targ's services were not available, my son would have to have dental cleanings performed in the hospital, at a far greater cost to the insurance, and a far greater impact on our family. He, nor the dentist, have ever forced us to leave the office before we were ready. I understand that seeing this type of procedure performed on your child can be unnerving, but it seems the parents lack of understanding of medical procedure, medical billing practice, and dealing with insurance companies is what leads to most of the poor reviews I've seen.

August 3rd, 2014

Outrageous price

Dr. Targ did a general anesthesia for my five years old daughter to have carried teeth repair. He billed me $1675 cash before the procedure ( 2.5 hours) then he billed our medical insurance $17,856 for facility fee with our copayment of $7856. I cannot believe how he can charge such high price for 2.5 hours work. Before my daughter was fully recovered from the anesthesia, the dentist escort us to car and sent us home. I had to deal with crying, kicking child while driving highway home! A awful experience for this procedure. I will never recommend any one to Camino pediatric service and Dr. Targ!!!

April 22nd, 2015