Dr. Alexander Vaccaro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 10th, 2017
My pain is gone!
Dr. Vaccaro is the best! As soon as I walked into his office he looked at the MRI and Xray and said I know exactly what your problem is. He took the time to explain what the problem was and answered all of my questions ( in layman's terms). We scheduled the surgery and I am now pain free. Thank you Dr. Vaccaro!

December 30th, 2016
The very very worst. A Nightmare.
He is the worst dr and surgeon I have met. He left me paralyzed from my hip to my toes. I have very little feeling left. I would ask everyone to chose him only if you have no other options. Please look at your other surgeons from other teaching hospitals and other Doctors at Rothman before choosing this person.

October 22nd, 2016
spinal surgery
this amazing surgeon has sent me back on my feet being able to walk again and getting better as days go by. I was practically not walking due to massive pinched nerves on my spine. he is a great orthopedic dr at rothman institute !!!!!!!

October 6th, 2016
I was so surprised!
Dr. Vaccaro truly surprised me when I first met him. I had heard what an excellent doctor he was, so honestly I was waiting for someone with a not so nice bed side manor. I was so surprised when he came into the room and was so kind and understanding. He explained everything to me, and when I was uncomfortable about saying my weight out loud in front of the other people in the room, he took me outside of the office and then told me not to worry just to give him a number. His kindness brought tears to my eyes. He truly is excellent in everyway. My pain is gone, I feel great, and I let everyone I know what a wonderful experience I had at Rothman and with Dr. Vaccaro. OH, Mila is also the absolute best. Thanks again

July 25th, 2016
whole experience was fantastic

July 11th, 2016
Extremely Gifted Spinal Surgeon, just so thankful for him!
I was in debilitating pain for many years struggling & just pushing forward, but in 2016 I hit a wall, I was not able to enjoy daily activities/exercise anymore and I was a very active person with a lot of energy, but something was stopping me. I was told by my Rheumatologist to see a back doctor, thank God I listened. I kept thinking these are all the side effects of Lyme Disease I had 15 years ago. So she ordered me an MRI and I took it with me to the back specialist. Anyway, I started with the Rothman with Dr, Gerhert , he instantly told me I needed Cervical Fusion Surgery, I was shocked, because all I was hearing was surgeries and fusions for other areas. I decided to try an epidural, so I went with Dr. Stoltzenberg with the Rothman in Limerick. I was waiting for the epidural, you are put to sleep to have it administered & he told me I could opt out; if I was lucky it would last a month, maybe not even. I felt like a new person the 2nd week and then it was over. I went back to see Dr. Stolzenberg and he told me the seriousness of my condition, he said no activity/no PT, he said we gotta get you better & referred me to a surgeon. I had a consult with Dr. Kurd, he told me within 4 months I need to have a cervical fusion done (I felt I had limited time, my body was failing me). He told me I would end up in a wheel chair and then a paraplegic if I did not go through with this. He was correct. So I started researching for the best out there & chose to get another consult with Dr. Vaccaro with the Rothman. As soon as I met him, I knew he is the Surgeon for me. I had no spinal fluid flowing & went through with the C3-C7 cerival fusion surgery. He had to go through the front of my neck & then back, I have a plate, screws and cadaver parts, he decompressed my spine. I am 2 months post op and the extreme pain has lifted from my body. You can hardly see my neck scar. I have longer wavy hair, not only is he a highly skilled, gifted surgeon, he gave me a great undercut of my full head of hair. I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Vaccaro, he is a warm, caring man whom takes such perfection in his work, he is stealth, so smooth, I did not even realize he was marking the spots while speaking to me before being taken to the operating room. According to Mila his assistant and all his assistants, this was a big surgery I had. I feel very blessed to have had him operate on me. From the anesthesiologist & to all that assisted, assured me I was in the best hands, not to worry. If they needed this done, he would be the one they would use. I just love him, he gave my life back. I still have months of recovery left, just listen to what he tells you. I was not allowed to do a thing until I had the surgery, no PT nothing. I am only allowed to walk and ride a stationary bike for now, and lift light weights I shall see if I can do more next visit, but any bit of movement is a great feeling. Time to get in shape! I am just so thankful for Dr. Vaccaro, he is the TOP SPINAL SURGEON in Pennsylvania!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! I am truly blessed and he also so blessed with gifted hands. Thank you so much Dr. Vaccaro!!! God Bless You Always!

June 21st, 2016
A Doctor with golden hands
Dr. Vacarro has given me back my freedom to live my life any way I want. My back surgery was complicated and the recovery was long , but, it was worth any pain I had afterwards. I am free of any pain and feel better than I have in a longtime. He is my god. I would tell all my friends that need back surgery to go to Dr. Vaccaro.

June 12th, 2016
Immediate relief from c6 nerve pain
After dealing with significant pain for 40 days, I experienced immediate relief following cervical disc surgery performed by Dr. Vaccaro. He and his staff were terrific.

May 16th, 2016
Expertise in Spinal Surgery
I am now six months post spinal revision surgery performed by Dr. Vaccaro. I sought a second opinion on the advice of a colleague. My recovery was nothing short of miraculous. I had a previous spinal fusion which unfortunately failed; Dr. Vaccaro was the expert who prevented the outcome from being permanent spinal cord damage. The entire staff beginning with Ryan at the call center, Nadine at the appointment desk, Mila his physician assistant, the techs and other medical and administrative staff were all kind, compassionate and caring - just as Dr. Vaccaro is. Most importantly, Dr. Vaccaro is one of the top spinal neurosurgeons in the world which is no small achievement; it speaks to his dedication and sxpertise. We are fortunate to have such a fine surgeon in our area!

March 27th, 2016
Best surgeon in the United States for spinal surgery

March 15th, 2016
One of best doctors in the world!
One of best doctors in the world. Dr. Vaccaro saved my life! He performed spinal fusion surgery on me and did an amazing job. I also have thank all his staff for all the support particularly Ludmila Furman who is always professional and gives me excellent advice.

February 13th, 2016
A Big Thumbs Up!
He was highly recommended to me and he did not disappoint! Dr. Vaccaro, in addition to being extremely personable, he was straight forward and assuring. I saw positive results immediately after he performed my lumbar decompression. He and his team took great care of me.