A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Washington:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Washington is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Washington
Lung cancer is the #1 cause of deaths from cancer globally.Before Visiting Dr. Washington Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Washington, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Washington graduated from Howard University , Washington.
Dr. Washington has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Tulane University Hospital & Clinic
- Tulane-Lakeside Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander W Washington MD is a male Internist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Alexander W. Washington practice?
- Dr. Alexander Washington has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Washington practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near New Orleans, LA.
See New Orleans Internists, New Orleans Hematologists, and New Orleans Oncologists.