A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Chen is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chen
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Chen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from University of California at Davis.
Dr. Chen has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San Francisco
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Chen MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Alexander Chen practice?
- Dr. Alexander Chen has 3 office locations.
Dr. Alexander Chen practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Redwood City, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY.
See Redwood City Internists and Redwood City Cardiologists.