Dr. Alexandra Bujor MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Torrance, CA

• Good
  • Bad

February 29th, 2016
am always looking forward to my next visit with this Dr. and comfortable discussing my condition.

March 3rd, 2012
I love Dr. Bujor and her staff! She's caring and spends time with you. Her staff is very knowledgeable, and treat you as if they've known you for years. They always make it a point to say hello as soon as you walk in the door and say good bye when you leave. I decided to give Dr. Bujor a try since she came highly recommended. I was very impressed from the moment I walked into her office. One thing that I wasn't expecting is that Dr. Bujor was also expecting a lil bundle of joy. I felt more comfortable, because she was able to relate to me and knew exactly what I was going through. As it came closer to her due date she informed me that she would be going out soon for maternity and that I would be seeing her pa. I had to admitted I was a lil sceptical about seeing the pa, but she assured me that everything would be fine. I went for my next visit feeling a lil nervous, but candy, Dr. Bujor's nurse eased my mind ( best blood drawer in the WOLRD). Candy let me know how jenna was and how every patient that jenna would see, she would cross reference with Dr. Bujor. So even though Dr. B was not there she still knew what was going on with the care of her patients. Once Dr. B returned she had a very light schedule. Totally understandable since she only took two weeks off after she delivered via c-section. I continued to see jenna until Dr. B came back to her regular schedule, I didn't mind seeing jenna since she was very knowledgeable, even though she doesn't do deliveries. I recommend Dr. Bujor and her staff to all my friends and family she's an excellent Dr along with a great staff. I know reviews help us make decisions on which Dr to choose for our care so I hope my review helped. Don't believe some of the bad reviews sometimes its not the Dr or the staff it's that particular person that has bad attitude and become argumentative with the staff and some how think they are above all people. The reviews speak for themselves one bad review maybe two compared to all of the great ones...hmm must be that person and not Rhe Dr or their staff.

January 11th, 2012
If you expect to recieve care from an actual physician don't go to Dr Bujor.
I selected Dr. Bujor on the recommendation of 2 local doctors, even though she was about to go on maternity leave with her second child. I had 2 meetings with her and she was great, responsive and caring, didn't feel rushed etc. The only thing was that turned out to be a huge issue later was that in both meetings she responded to a couple of questions with "don't worry about that until you are further along"....Well, here is where it got interestingPrior to going on leave she hired a PA but failed tell me that I would not be seeing an actual physician in her absence. Jenna was sweet, but it was obvious that she was lacking in experience. And frankly, my experience with PA's has been terrible and would likely have switched doctors due to that had she told me. Regardless of that bump in the road, I decided to stick with Dr. Bujor because she came highly recommended and I assumed that I would see her again after her leave.During the period of care with the PA, I did not receive any information on classes I should take or on the local hospitals, had only 1 pediatrician that they referred (who isn't taking new patients), glucose test was forgotten about (I had to come back the next day to do it and almost missed the time frame), never given any proactive advice (food, kick counts, brochures, etc), and given a canned answer for every question I asked (When I asked about her c-section rate they said We don't have that and don't worry about it...). I actually walked out of my 32 week fighting back tears I was so angry and frustrated.Dr. Bujor returned from leave when I was 28 weeks pregnant but was working a light schedule so they couldn't fit me in to see her at my 30 week (well that was the excuse anyway). I expressed my concern with the staff and they assured me that I would see her at every appointment after that, 32 weeks being the first one. When I showed up for my 32 week appointment, I was scheduled with the PA and by the way, I had to wait an hour to see her. After the meeting, they scheduled me again with the PA for 34 weeks. I again expressed my concern and asked to see the doctor....When I asked to see the doctor again, I was berated by her nurse, Candy, who told me that patients never get to see the doctor until they are 36 weeks pregnant and that since everything was fine I was going to continue seeing the PA regardless of my concerns. To top it off, she had yelled ant me several times prior because she didn't understand my insurance. I had to tell her not to worry about my finances and just process the paperwork! Essentially, she wanted me to pay for my deductible without submitting the information to the insurance company so that they could track the deductible!!!Needless to say, at 32 weeks I decided to find a new doctor and I am much happier. Dr. Ishimaru is my new doctor and she's great. Everything that I was missing with Dr. Bujor's practice was provided to me immediately. The two times I met Dr. Bujor I was very impressed with her level of care. Unfortunately, I never saw her again.... By the way, the other billing girl was very nice. She actually called me back after Candy yelled at me to check on me.

April 18th, 2011
I have been very happy with Dr. Bujor in the past. She is very knowledgable and takes the time to put you at ease. But just a few days ago I called to schedule an appointment and they could not get me in for 13 days for an afternoon appt. That didnt work for me so the next availability was 14 days away. My problem could not wait that long so I had to go to another doctor. I am hoping this is not going to be an ongoing issue.

April 13th, 2011
Great!!
I was a little anxious about going to an OB for my pregnancy as I had originally wanted a midwife (for several reasons). However, Dr. Bujor has definitely put me at ease. My biggest concern was that I might be pressured into interventions during birth. She eased that concern immediately, and I do trust her. She is very down-to-earth yet very professional as well. She made me feel comfortable right away. She always takes the time to answer all my questions and never makes me feel rushed like most doctors seem to do. She seems to like what she does (more than a lot of doctors who I have had who seem burnt out and almost miserable) so she is very upbeat and pleasant. Even today, when she was anxious to get home to her sick child (which I learned by chatting with her, not because she was whining about wanting to go home or anything!), she STILL did not make me feel rushed at all and took the time to ask if I had any questions, and then answered each one patiently. I am VERY happy I found Dr. Bujor. Also, her staff is top notch. They are very friendly and pleasant as well. Candy is great, always upbeat and friendly and particularly helpful with people like me who hate needles. The waiting room is very cozy, like a living room with modern furniture, a large TV with movies playing (that continue when you go into the room as well), and plenty of copies of the latest Baby magazine. Oh, and on your first visit (for pregnancy), you get a bag with goodies in it. The vitamin samples saved me a lot of money!

October 26th, 2010
Wonderful
Dr. Bujor is great. She takes time to listen to you, and answer any questions you may have. She's not all rushed like many other doctors. She is Very knowledgable, and gave me helpful (everyday) tips in addition to my prescription/treatment so that I may take care of my body even better. I felt very taken care of and trusted her completely because she knows what she is doing. I love the fact that she will send any prescription you need directly to your pharmacy for you, it's nice :) She was very accurate in figuring out my problem and giving me proper treatment. I recommend her for anyone, she's great!

June 28th, 2010
Great physician
Dr. Bujor was rotated to me when she started at the medical office. From the first moment I met her I knew I wanted her to be the OB/GYN for me! She is caring and always is patient with your questions for every visit. Her pap smears are very fast. And she recently delivered my baby girl and at one point during the pregnancy my friend lost her baby at five months and I needed some help with my own fears of losing my baby. Dr. Bujor said all the right things and didnt rush out despite the topic.

April 14th, 2010
Hate the office....Love Dr. Bujor
Dr. Bujor is the reason I keep going to the Redondo beach office. She has wonderful bedside manner and always treats her patients with respect. I am not a fan of any of the other Doctors in the Redondo Beach office....but will continue to go just because of Dr. Bujor and the way in which she addresses her patients' concerns and needs with care and respect. She is always quick to return a phone call and answer any questions I might have.

May 13th, 2009