Dr. Alexandra Fingesten Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alexandra Fingesten?

May 19th, 2016

walked in very late, hurried through appointment, did not follow up with results of tests, did not know side effects of drugs prescribed

June 17th, 2015

Dr. Fingesten has been my Dr. for about fourteen years and I cannot say enough good things about her. Her Diagnosis is very accurate. she spends time with me. and she has a great heart. She is very compassionate and kind and understanding.

June 17th, 2015

To Your Good Health

Dr. Fingesten is an excellent diagnostician and thorough. She always spends adequate time with me, never a rushed visit. She does take some getting used to . She's not your typical physician, often chatty, often argumentative, but overall someone I can trust. I would highly recommend her.

March 25th, 2015

Ms.

Dr. Fingesten is a bright, capable doctor. Yet, she is often not listening to what you say, argues with you if you have another opinion, and is often judgmental. Yet she does diagnose things accurately and spends lots of time with her patients. That means longer time in the waiting room. I'll stick with her because she has kept me healthy.

February 17th, 2014

Where can I begin without going an a tangent? I think this Dr.s mood has alot to do with her demeanor. My first visit she was sympathetic. She took alot of blood which I thought was very efficient. My pressure was very high so she put me on a medication. I did wait for a long time to see her. The receptionist was talking and laughing loud with out reguard of the patients sitting in the waiting area. I didn't like her attitude. On my second visit my blood pressure was still high. I wonder if waiting for three hours had something to do with it? She wanted to up the dose. I merely told her of this medication I was on years ago and what did she think of it. I merely wanted her opinion. A couple of minutes later she looked up at me and said " you know you really hurt my feelings!" she repeated this twice. "I am a very qualified Dr!. I was speechless and apologized for hurting her feelings as I felt vulnerable and helpless at this point. I left there feeling so sad and upset my pressure must have been higher then when I walked in. Also when I ask her what she is taking blood for she does not answer me which leaves me worried. She is an alarmist.I am now looking for a specialist and will never return to this person. As far as Im concerned she need therapy.

January 7th, 2014

EXPECT TO WAIT OVER 1 HOUR

i see Dr. Fingestin once a month for an injection. I have been seeing her for 6 months. All i really need is the shot so it should be a 10-15 minute appt. But Dr. Fingestin double and triple books her appts. She could care less about YOUR time. This appt. I waited an HOUR AND A HALF for a 10 min appt. Last time I left after an hour and. 15 min WITHOUT SEEING HER. The time before that I sat in the exam room for 30 minutes while she talked to her mothers nurse about a HAIR appt. The poor receptionist listens to people complain all day long. Its not her fault. Unless you can spend an entire afternoon waiting, DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR.

August 9th, 2011

Terrible doctor

Extremely judgemental and dismissive. Can be quite rude. Doesn't listen at all. Takes blood at the drop of a hat and can't keep track of the many many pills she has pushed on you. I should have left long before I did.

July 21st, 2010

Competant and Caring Physician

Was referred to Dr. Fingesten by a colleague in 2006. The experience has been positive and has restored my faith in primary care doctors by demonstrating proficiency in her diagnoses/treatment of ailments, health maintenance/wellbeing and displaying a caring bedside manner. I have referred other family and friends to her and would not hesitate to do so in the future

July 16th, 2010

Cool But Competent

The biggest problem is the waiting time to see the doctor. She is a bit aloof but quite competent.

November 4th, 2009

Seeking care elsewhere

For years I've chosen physicians affiliated with NYU Medical, because I believed and experienced a level of standard in care. I noticed some behaviors from this dr, that concerned me, in the first visit (staring at her nails routinely while speaking with me & having a matter attitude while I provided details of symptoms). The behavior continued during the second visit (stairing at nails again, advising me to stretch as solution to throbbing pain without providing any comments about how the two are linked, shrugging her shoulders as if to say 'why are you bothering me'). I decided that day I would never return to her office. The meds she prescribed seem to working well and I'm satisfied with that portion of the service. When speaking with her about my current diagnosis, she seemed to be competent.

March 4th, 2009

There's a trade-off with Dr. Fingesten: she spends a lot of time with you, but that means she gets backed up and you have to wait. I am happy to wait for her. Tips: make an early appointment; call to see how far behind she is running before showing up on time. Clinically, she is very thorough. Interpersonally she shows deep concern.

March 30th, 2008

cancelation fee

I was charged $25 for not canceling an appointment in time. (I was supposed to call before midnight on Sunday to cancel a Monday afternoon appointment.) I canceled it before the office opened on Monday. I couldn't have canceled it before the weekend as I made the appointment that same Friday. The fact that they would not have been able to fill the canceled slot any sooner and still charged me $25 shows they were not very understanding.