Alexandra Gutierrez MD Patient Reviews

3.6

February 11th, 2016
Disappointed
I went to Dr Gutierrez with high hopes, but I am very disappointed. I felt like she was not really listening to me and her responses seemed "scripted". I had lots of questions regarding the new medicines on the market and she seemed as if she just wanted me to stop asking them. She had a way of talking down to me. I have been dealing with this disease for 7 years now and I have experience with my body and its reaction to different treatments, but she treated me like I was exaggerating my symptoms. She should have picked another profession if she has so little patience. Plus, she is never in her office when I have called and she relays her plans through her staff. I will never visit her again and have transferred my care. I thought Barnes/Washington University only recruited the best doctors. They missed the mark with Dr Gutierrez.

January 29th, 2016
Stay away
This is the absolute worst doctor ever! She has been calling in medicines to pharmacies and my insurance company without even talking to me about. So I have had people calling me every day saying that medicines are ready to pick up! She has not helped me with the flare I am having now and she does not listen when you tell her no to something. I have never had this problem before... She cares more about the money than her patients. STAY AWAY FROM HER!

January 26th, 2016
avoid at all cost
This dr overdosed me on immuran, it took several calls for her to agree to draw levels. Kept telling me I was in remission, even though I was symptomatic, and then after scoping me would say my meds weren't working. I was hospitalized twice, and her office told me she was to busy to see me. I told penny, her nurse, that I was still having problems, and I was concerned about stopping steroids, and her response was "well, what do you want me to do about it? "

December 8th, 2015
$$
I was referred to her by my other specialist, so I had high hopes after battling uc for 15 years that she would have some answers. Well same old song and dance, she let me talk briefly about what was going on, and she was just waiting for her turn to talk to tell me about the new meds that were approved by the fda, big surprise. She is full of energy but but her motivation is $ not healing her patients.

October 24th, 2015
Would not recommend her. While she seemed knowledgeable her personality was a bit pushy. I felt like she wanted me to make treatment decisions right then and there. When I asked questions I felt she was not truly hearing my concerns. I would not recommend her.

September 25th, 2015
Dr. G is the best GI that I have ever had. She takes the time to listen to what is going on with me and finds the best solution to solve my issues. Moreover, the nurses in her staff are always prompt. The office runs smoothly and everything is electronic (including test results, messages, and refill request). Highly recommend her!

August 2nd, 2015
Controlled, not listened to.
Dr Gutierrez is a physician who dictates her plan without much patient input. When hesitant to her plan she clearly get agitated and bullies you into a decision. She seems all smiles and full of energy, but feels she really wants to get done with you so she can go on to the next patient. After the appointment her staff seemed helpful, but I had little to no contact with Dr. Gutierrez. I would not recommend her.

February 18th, 2015
$76,000 from abbot see dollars for docs.
$76,000 payout from abbot. Values money,research guinea pigs over patient care.

April 10th, 2013
My husband has battled UC for more than 5 years and this was the first doctor that actually listened to his entire scenerio. She is very caring, helpful and passionate about her patients and staff. I would recommend her for anyone with Chron's/UC issues.

March 11th, 2013
Caused more problems than I already had!
I really liked Dr. G at first. She seemed to listen to my problems with my crohn's disease. But she put me on so many meds at the same time that when I went to see my hematologist, he said my blood was toxic. I had to go off all of my meds which started a terrible flare. Here I am two years later and two hospital stays later, still fighting the same flare. I wish she would have been more careful in what she prescribed for my disease. Maybe I wouldn't be in the predicament that I'm in now. I would not refer her to my friends.

January 2nd, 2012
great doctor
great doctor - would recommend to all people with Crohn's and ulcerative colitis!

June 14th, 2011
Took time with me and answered all my questions
This was the first doctor who took the time to get to know me. She spent greater than 1 hour with me answering all my questions about Crohns disease and gave me all my options for treatment. She listened to all my concerns. Her nurse is rough, though.