Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Tselis is chronically behind schedule, but he's definitely worth the wait. He gets so behind because he takes his time with each patient, and is very thorough. His office staff, on the other hand, stinks. Again, he's still worth it.

|  Excellent, Caring Physcian  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

I have had many doctors in the past because of my varied symptoms and usually if a doctor couldn't figure out what was going on, they said it was all in my head or stress or I was seeking attention. Instead Dr. Tselis listened, took tests, referred me for 2nd opinions several times until the disorder was determined. It has taken a few years, but the disorder(s) were unusual and even then did not have the usual presentation. I am grateful he did not give up helping me nor was he afraid of a challange. He's a very bright, friendly and conpassionate doctor who's not afraid to say he doesn't know for sure and seeks for the answer. I would and have recommended him to friends and family. The amount of time he spends with his patient is unusually long and does not have other's (physcian assistants, nurses or student's) take preliminary information prior to him seeing the patient in the appointment. He takes all information and welcomes questions by the patient. One of his patients I spoke with comes from Hawaii 4x a year to see him. The amount of time he takes with the patient is reflected in the wait-time one has to see him since to give the time he does depends on how serious the need is and how many of his established patients had called in that day with immediate needs. Your wait time can be less than 1/2 hour or somewhat longer. Although with some doctors this would bother me because they still only spend 10-15 minutes, but I know how much time he has spent providing me the best care I've had and I am realistic about his other obligations, teaching (which keeps him up to date), hospital obligations, on rounds, and handling specific needs of the patient. I believe it is better to wait a little longer to be seen by a doctor who will more likely diagnose me accurately than see one on time who will mis-diagnose or call me a hypochondriac. Any doctor can diagnose a headache but only a few can diagnose what is causing the headache in case it is a symptom of a serious disorder and still treat you in a compassionate manner. He's worth the wait.