Dr. Alexandru Barboi MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2017
Wish we could give no stars
My guy had an EMG from Dr. Barboi on May18. We were promised the results with in a week. Several weeks later we still hadn't heard anything so we called the office and was assured that the office manager Joanie Raimondo would call back with in the hour. After several hours we had another appointment in the building and d died to stop in, We were met by nothing but excuses. When Joanie took us to her office we were assured we would get a letter of apology from Dr. Barboi, which we are still waiting for. We did get a written copy of the report and he was told they would not treat him due to his diabetes. He asked for pain medication and was refused. They are the most unprofessional, incompetent and uncaring people we have ever dealt with. Beware, stay away

January 29th, 2017
Excellent physician highly recommended
Dr Barboi and his staff are extremely knowledgeable in the autonomic dysfunction area. Specifically POTS in my case. He and his staff are extremely educated and experienced. They go above and beyond for patients and I am very thankful to have found him.

October 12th, 2016
Great Dr.Barbois!
I have a rare disorder he is the only DR. that would treat me in the state of Illinois because there are no other neurologists that know about this disorder and how to treat it. He has done wonders for me I am so grateful for Him. He has an excellent bed side manner explains everything and takes his time with his oatient . He is Fantabulolous!!

September 19th, 2016
After 8 years of being undiagnosed/misdiagnosed, I met Dr. Barboi. He promised me on that very first visit that he would not give up until he figured out exactly what was wrong with me, and how to treat me. Dr. Barboi gave me my life back!

August 26th, 2016
Great Doc!
The doctor and his nurse are wonderful. They are understanding, organized, and engaged. The only downside is he is attached to a somewhat smaller hospital and not one of the major ones. However, this can be a good thing too because in those large hospitals things are not as organized and less personal. Dr. Barboi and his nurse Sabrina are wonderful people who treat people with respect.

April 5th, 2016
Best autonomic neurologist
I've seen a secession of doctors over the past three years trying to get to the bottom of my illness, Dr. Barboi is the first one to continue working towards a diagnosis when the first batch of tests yields oddities but doesn't point to anything specific. I'm truly grateful and highly recommend Dr. Barboi.

November 20th, 2015
Unreal doctor and wonderful person, very smart and professional.

February 24th, 2015
AMAZING! THE BEST OF THE BEST!
Dr. Barboi IS the "BEST of the BEST!" AMAZING, "HE GETS IT" compassionate is has impeccable follow through. You'll never find another Neurologist / MD like him.

February 2nd, 2015
"Slightly Broken"
After 20 years.......I finally have a diagnosis. Dr. Barboi is absolutely wonderful!!!

October 5th, 2014
Amazing
Dr. Barboi is the most thorough and kind doctor I've ever had. And that is saying a LOT because I've had literally hundreds of doctors. Hie is more compassionate than even some therapists I've had. He could deliver what might normally be seen as sad news in a positive manner. When I needed a doctor to help me with POTS (one of the hardest conditions to find help for, in my opinion) he even offered to see me earlier than his first available because I was having such a hard time. He's incredible. I'm absolutely amazed there are even doctors that exist like him.

July 5th, 2014
Balboi left Rush June 2014. WHERE IS HE? Does anyone know?

March 9th, 2014
Best of the Best
This doctor knocks it out of the park in terms of his specialty, particularly in the treatment of Dysautonomia and POTS. His bedside manner and compassion is out of this world. He fully listens to you, takes notes, fully and thoroughly examines you, asks questions, and does all that a great doctor SHOULD do, but sadly, most do not. This doctor has worked hard at the stabilization of a chronic condition of mine and continues to attempt any and all measure with me in order for me to get well. A rare team player willing to help you solve your puzzle!