Dr. Alexandru Barboi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2016
Great Dr.Barbois!
I have a rare disorder he is the only DR. that would treat me in the state of Illinois because there are no other neurologists that know about this disorder and how to treat it. He has done wonders for me I am so grateful for Him. He has an excellent bed side manner explains everything and takes his time with his oatient . He is Fantabulolous!!

September 19th, 2016
After 8 years of being undiagnosed/misdiagnosed, I met Dr. Barboi. He promised me on that very first visit that he would not give up until he figured out exactly what was wrong with me, and how to treat me. Dr. Barboi gave me my life back!

August 26th, 2016
Great Doc!
The doctor and his nurse are wonderful. They are understanding, organized, and engaged. The only downside is he is attached to a somewhat smaller hospital and not one of the major ones. However, this can be a good thing too because in those large hospitals things are not as organized and less personal. Dr. Barboi and his nurse Sabrina are wonderful people who treat people with respect.

April 5th, 2016
Best autonomic neurologist
I've seen a secession of doctors over the past three years trying to get to the bottom of my illness, Dr. Barboi is the first one to continue working towards a diagnosis when the first batch of tests yields oddities but doesn't point to anything specific. I'm truly grateful and highly recommend Dr. Barboi.

November 19th, 2015
Unreal doctor and wonderful person, very smart and professional.

February 24th, 2015
AMAZING! THE BEST OF THE BEST!
Dr. Barboi IS the "BEST of the BEST!" AMAZING, "HE GETS IT" compassionate is has impeccable follow through. You'll never find another Neurologist / MD like him.

February 2nd, 2015
"Slightly Broken"
After 20 years.......I finally have a diagnosis. Dr. Barboi is absolutely wonderful!!!

October 4th, 2014
Amazing
Dr. Barboi is the most thorough and kind doctor I've ever had. And that is saying a LOT because I've had literally hundreds of doctors. Hie is more compassionate than even some therapists I've had. He could deliver what might normally be seen as sad news in a positive manner. When I needed a doctor to help me with POTS (one of the hardest conditions to find help for, in my opinion) he even offered to see me earlier than his first available because I was having such a hard time. He's incredible. I'm absolutely amazed there are even doctors that exist like him.

March 9th, 2014
Best of the Best
This doctor knocks it out of the park in terms of his specialty, particularly in the treatment of Dysautonomia and POTS. His bedside manner and compassion is out of this world. He fully listens to you, takes notes, fully and thoroughly examines you, asks questions, and does all that a great doctor SHOULD do, but sadly, most do not. This doctor has worked hard at the stabilization of a chronic condition of mine and continues to attempt any and all measure with me in order for me to get well. A rare team player willing to help you solve your puzzle!

February 14th, 2014
AMAZING! No other word describes him!

July 17th, 2013
I have never in my life written a review on a doctor, mostly because ive always been underwhelmed. This man is AMAZING. I suffered my whole life, and Im 28 now, and he put all of the puzzle pieces together. He is AMAZING, he listens, and i cannot stress that enough. He is open minded and knowledgeable. He is sweet, caring, good bedside manner. He has improved my quality of life drastically. I drive 2 hours to see him. He has changed my life.

October 29th, 2012
Can not get better!
After numerous attempts at figuring out what was wrong with me and many diagnoses that didn't seem to fit together, he put it all together for me and gave me a definitive diagnosis of chronic dysautonomia. He spent plenty of time explaining this to me and even was willing to see my son for the same issues the same day. He has a great deal of knowledge on this subject that few doctors understand and some others may even dismiss, but he understands how it affects our lives and he was able to put all my conditions under one umbrella and explain the connections, something nobody else could do! His nurse, Dori, at Rush in chicago is very good to talk with, great at phoning you back and being patient/understanding when you are feeling awful and are full of questions!