Dr. Alexios Carayannopoulos DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 10th, 2014
Not bad.
Doc C did several injections. I received some short term relief. He finally did a medial branch radiofrequency. I received significant long term relief. All the nurses are absolutely top notch and really make you feel comfortable. Problem is this doc is very overextended. While getting an appointment for an injection is pretty easy. Getting an appointment to see him for a visit, or for follow up is absolutely terrible. Often the appt time is rushed and communication has suffered a few times as a result. I think he is appropriately skilled and kind and generally has a good personality, but the arrogance is also there and really who needs it when you have a pain in the butt already! Over several years, I told him I was having a lot of trouble scheduling appointments with him. His off the cuff response: " I'm a busy guy!", wasn't the right response. Often the only offer is to see his nurse practitioner who can be very off putting. Everyone has a first name except this guy. Stuffy. He introduces himself as "Mr.". I wasn't impressed and since he is the guy who fills in for Doc C, Newton Wellesley and Spaulding are great alternatives.

July 31st, 2013
Did many injections and then tried to push drugs when they did not work. Would not recommend.

July 20th, 2012
Don't go!
This pompous, arrogant doctor has little talent and all he wanted to do was put a spinal stimulator in me! I was very disappointed and recommend saving the aggravation and avoiding him and his useless staff.

May 8th, 2012
Compassion
When ever I see Dr. Carayannopoulos I am in a lot of pain. His compassion for his work is so evident as he works to help deminish the pain so I can get on with life again.

February 29th, 2012
I've had three succesful injections and an office visit with Dr. Carayannopoulos. The doctor took time to explain the procedure and helped me feel as realxed as one could possibly be during that sort of procedure. I was able to get an appointment within a week. His assistants and other staff are also very knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I've had six epidurals over the past 8 or so years so I am confident I'm a pretty good judge, though I can't say I wouldn't rather be at Nordstrom's next door.

February 27th, 2012
is a excellent Doctor, because the Hospital does not take Network health Extended i had to change doctors

March 23rd, 2011
My first cortizone injection in my back
Dr C and his staff were friendly and took the extra time to explain everything to me. I was extremely nervous about getting my first injection. I would have them do it again if needed in a second.

November 3rd, 2010
great doc
saw several other docs in metro Boston. Dr C was on time, very thorough, and listetened to my issues and concerns. I then had a procedure with him, and his team of schedulers and RNs were superb. The RNs in the OR were very kind and helped me get through and otherwise painful procedure. Dr C was also very kind and I had great relief from the procedure. I was even able to put surgery on hold, which my PCP told me was inevitable, becuase of the success of the injections and the medications he prescribed.I would HIGHLY recommend him and his team for low back pain. Thanks for giving me opportunity to provide feedback!!

April 26th, 2008
Great Back Doctor
I saw this Dr after seeing many other physicians. He helped me to sift through all of my medical history and helped me to understand my back problem. He treated me with a very comprehensive approach and after months of working with him, I feel great. He is truly a remarkable physician. He is thorough and has a great bedside manner. i highly recommend him.

March 7th, 2008
EXCELLENT
He is fantastic. I have never had such a thorough examination and comprehensive treatment plan. He is kind and very knowledgeable.