Neuro-Oncology
Manhasset
300 Community Dr
Manhasset, NY 11030
516-562-3065
Locations and availability (4)

|  A phenomenal doctor!  |  show details
by Mara Gabbay-server on Oct 21st, 2013

I would like to express how wonderful the doctor is. I was very nervous coming in ,but I was in the best of care.The doctor spent the time needed with me,making sure I understood everything !!!!! I am thankful he is my doctor Mara Gabbay-serper

|  Dr. D  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

My husband & I couldn't have gotten a better Dr. when we got Dr. D. He is a very caring man that does not stop until he is satisfied with the results. My husband has complete faith in how he handles his brain tumor. We are totally in his debt for how he took such good care of him. Our prayers include Dr. D every night in thanksgiving for all he has done for us.

|  A brilliant physician, and a caring gentleman!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2011

Dr. Demopoulos is the most compassionate doctor we have ever met. Our 75 year old mom was diagnosed with a GBM in 2007, and although the diagnosis was bleak, through Dr. D's outstanding care and vast knowledge of the disease, she lived a remarkable 3 1/2 years! During that time, Dr. D always made the time to answer all of our concerns and fears (no matter how minute or insignificant the questions might have been). We will never forget his kindness, compassion and comittment to his patients and their families! We highly recommend Dr. Demopoulos.

Feb 13th, 2011

Dr. Demopoulos is a kind and compassionate physician. He treats his patients with respect and always makes time to listen and answer their concerns. His bedside manner is second to none. He is a very professional and knowledgeable physician and I would not hestitate to recommend him.

|  Best doctor I've ever had  |  show details
by Heikal Aliakber on Feb 8th, 2011

As a man in his early twenties, nothing is scarier than to have to deal with any sort of tumor. I was first diagnosed when I was twenty years old, eight days before my twenty first birthday. When I first found out, it hit me like a ton of bricks; I was angry, hurt, worried, and confused. These feelings linger with me to this day, almost three years later, but I feel better about my condition thanks to the truly spectacular care I receive from Dr. Demopoulos. He is highly attentive to all my needs, and his highly personable and caring nature make me and my family feel very much at ease during every visit. I have seen him now at two hospitals (LIJ and Mt. Sinai), and the quality of his care and professionalism has been maintained at an exceptional level. Dr.D's staff are a fantastic group of individuals who never make you feel unwelcome. I am truly grateful to have Dr. Demopoulos as my doctor.

|  Patient with Glioblastoma Grade IV  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

I was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Grade IV in June of 2008 and Dr. Demopoulos was my chemo doctor after surgery and radiation.That was at LIJ North Shore in Manhasset,NY.When he switched to Mt. Sinai I followed him because I trusted him.At his recommendation I am in a Clinical Trial at Sloan Kettering Mem so technically he is no longer my doctor.But he is my doctor. He will always be my doctor. I give him updates all the time as I did today after a Pet Scan.I give Dr. D. my highest rating because of his professional and his kindness,

by Gena Stanisic on Feb 3rd, 2011

Dr. D is the best doctor we could have asked for when my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2005. He has been there on all levels - as a thorough, attentive doctor and as a person who cares about his patient, and his patient's family. He is tireless when discussing options, treatments, worries, concerns, and even takes the time to talk about what matters most in life and that is ...are you enjoying it? are you fishing? are you going on holiday? If more doctors viewed their patients as people with families instead of a # which generates an insurance copay the world would be much better served. Dr. D...you are the best and I am happy to let everyone know. Thank you for all yoiu have done and continue to do for my husband.

|  Incredible Doctor!  |  show details
by Sandra Maldutis on Feb 2nd, 2011

My husband underwent a horrendous operation for a brain tumor in 2009 and has been Dr. Demopoulos' patient since then. His bedside manner is unsurpassed as is his knowledge in his field. His manner plays a very important role in seeing us through this. He is kind, caring, and no matter when or what time I email him with a question, he always either answers me right away or calls us at home. We feel very blessed that he is my husband's doctor.

Feb 2nd, 2011

I am a young adult with cancer and I have found it extremely difficult to match the intelligence, kindness, bedside manner, and personal commitment to his patients of Dr.D. When you enter his office all if his focus is on you, although you know he is very busy, it's as if you are his only patient. This is seen throughout his work, for example Dr.D's willingness to e-mail on his days off and make calls personally. I fly from Buffalo to be seen by Dr. D because he has gained the trust of me putting my life in his hands due to what an excellent doctor he is. I would recommend him to anyone.

Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr. Demopoulos is a terrific, thoughtful, intelligent and caring physician. He spent an incredible amount of time reviewing my records and images and, also, with me face-to-face.

|  World class service  |  show details
by Mr and Mrs Patrick Sheppard on Feb 2nd, 2011

Prompt and caring attention to my medical needs. We have had to make emergency calls on weekends and scheduled days off for Dr. Demopoulos and he or his staff has returned and addressed our concern. I have even sent him emails on his day off and he not only responded but personally called me back. In todays world how many doctors take time to accept emails personally from their patients and then send them responses and or call them? This is why we will always use this doctor and refer him every chance we get.

Dec 5th, 2010

Dr Demopoulos has all the qualaties of a very good doctor.Caring,Listening, treatment , attentive.Cannot find a better doctor in his field.