Dr. Alexis Waguespack MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 1st, 2016
Dr. Alexis Waguespack Revies
I have waited for 4 hours to see Dr. Waguespack at her borrowed uptown office and waited over 4 hours before my lumbar fusion surgery.

August 14th, 2015
What a great physician!!!!!!

December 17th, 2014
Dr. Waguespack is the best, she made me a NEW man....Thank You. Daniel as well, excellent...the entire crew is love and sweet. always very helpful.

January 14th, 2014
Great doctor and staff. Had back pain for years amd after a complex spine surgery I am pain free!!

August 24th, 2013
I recently (4 months ago) became a new patient of Dr Alexis Waguespack. I was referred to her by Dr Abuso my PCP. I have been having back pain for years on and off but it is now constant. I tried medication and therapy before seeing Dr Waguespack and it did not work. Next step was surgery. I was afraid to have surgery but after my consultation with Dr Waguespack and her assistant I realized that I was in good hands. I wanted to share that I had lumbar surgery about 2 1/2 months ago and I am doing great. Thanks to Dr Abuso for sending me to a wonderful doctor. Thanks to Dr Waguespack for helping me when I was beginning to think I would be in pain forever.

November 13th, 2012
firetug
So,far she seems very helpful . I have a large cysit on my ankle in addition to my herniated discs in my spine .She is even helping me with. She really made me feel like her only concern. A Dr. That looks you in the eye when they tell you they want to help goes a long way with me.

May 15th, 2012
Excellent doctor and her Asst. Mr Daniel was great. They took time with me and helped take care of back pain I have had for years, I was given my life back. I went to Dr Waguespacks Marreo office and was a pleasant experience. I would recommend her to everyone.

April 7th, 2012
dr. alexis was very thorough on my tri-level acf surgery. when she analyzed my condition, she made me feel like i was the only patient she had spoken to all day. she made me feel cared for. she is a professional and i am thankful for her knowledge and committment to excellence in her field of work.

April 4th, 2012
marrero office staff terrible,no compassion,act like they. man the front desk of god!!!!!!

February 13th, 2012
Waste of time
Unfriendly and inattentive staff at the Marrero office. They will move your appointment without notifying you. Do not go here unless you want to wait for 2 to 3 hours to see someone.

July 6th, 2011
Worse now than when I first went to this doctor
I went to see this doctor about a year ago b/c I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. After seeing her she informed me that I needed a disectomy/laminectomy. Which after taking steroid shots that didn't work, I finally let her operate on me. Now I am in worse shape than I was a year ago. I have been having so much discomfort and after months of pain (following her surgery) I went back to her and was told that I now needed fusion surgery. Half the time I went for my appointments she always had her assistant see me instead of her. She showed up at the hospital the morning of surgery looking like she had been out all night. All dressed up in heels and face made up instead of coming to the hospital that time of morning with scrubs on like you know you are going to perform surgery. I went to another doctor to get a second opinion and after taking 4 different painful tests, was told that I still have the herniated disc in my back that she was suppose to remove and now it has to be removed. He stated that it's so big and has no where to move, that's why I have so much discomfort and my legs are starting to numb up again. My back is worse than ever and I am back on pain pills and back patches. My new doctor said I don't need a fusion, but I do need to have another surgery called a Microdisectomy where he will remove the disc. Something Dr. Waguespack was suppose to do. I am so upset/disappointed that I have a good mind to call her up and give her a piece of my mind, but then what good would that do, she will probably put her assistant on the phone. Now I have to take more months off work if I decide to have the 2nd surgery, but I will guarantee you one thing, I won't let her whack into my back again and put another keloid scar on it to match the first one.I still haven't recovered from her surgery and it's going on a year

October 28th, 2009
Wonderful surgeon. She took the time to listen to my problem and actually solved my back pain problem.