Dr. Alexis Wiesenthal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 22nd, 2016
I am very surprised by all of the high ratings for this lady. She certainly is friendly, at first. But, I now agree with other postings that state her primary focus seems to be how to find ways to bill your insurance, not help you to maintain your health. Her phone message system is deplorable and set up not to allow messages. You either make an appointment, or not. She has no emergency number, just call 911. I can't imagine what our healthcare has come to when this type of "doctor" is given high ratings. I suspect those that have been pleased with her have never actually been sick and needed a real doctor...Dr. Wiesenthal would send you to a "specialist" or an Urgent Care if you were sick, anyway... her skills are comparable to a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant.

November 22nd, 2016
Very Disappointing
I only saw Dr. Wiesenthal twice. Reaching anyone in her office is very difficult as it always goes to voicemail. You can not leave a message. You can only schedule an appointment. Call back is usually fairly prompt. At my visits, she seemed very compassionate and knowledgeable. I had some lab and a follow up scheduled in two weeks... Yesterday evening, I opened a letter from Dr. Wiesenthal, notifying me that due to "insurance changes" she would no longer be my internist. I was advised that I would need to find another doctor right away and she would no longer provide me with any care. Since it is the end of November, it will be next to impossible to find ANY provider who has an opening before January or February of 2017. She gave me no warning, just dumped me out there without a physician. I went to her because I am having significant symptoms. I never got the chance to even get a diagnosis or treatment. Thanks alot for nothing!

November 17th, 2016
Great doctor !

October 12th, 2016
Caring Professional
Dr. Wiesenthal and her office is very well organized. She knows my medical history, coordinates my prescription refills with the pharmacy, knows to contact me when it's time to check labs, and has a friendly smile! I trust her and am glad she's my doctor!

September 29th, 2016
Wonderful Physician
I have been under the care of Dr. Alexis Wiesenthal and she has been my best advocate and encourager in helping me since being diagnosed with diabetes. She has been very encouraging and has explained in detail my treatment plan and what other things to do to help me in taking care of myself. I lover her bedside manner and the time she takes to listen to me and my concerns. I recommend her highly and appreciate all she has done for me!

September 27th, 2016
Dr. Alexis Wiesenthal
Dr. Wiesenthal is a very through and caring doctor. She has helped me through my kidney cancer and has provided excellent support. i highly recommend her.

September 20th, 2016
Very pleased with Dr Alexis
I came to see the doctor after I had been with a group for many many years. She asked me to see a variety of specialists to have a base point to compare with in case of illness. That was exactly what I would want any doctor to have to make an informed decision. Because of this, my fainting spells that I'd had for over 30 years, were evaluated and turned out to be seizures. I am now on meds and seizure free. I feel comfortable that if my yearly checkup shows a discrepancy, she has all information needed to make a correct decision pertaining to my health.

July 7th, 2016
Saved my life!
Dr. Wiesenthal saved my life. I went to see her for a wellness check up, and after examining me she told me I needed to get a small mole on my left arm checked out. She said it looked like it could possibly be melanoma. Sure enough, the mole she found on me was melanoma and the dermatologist said she caught it very early. Now I am cured. I am truly grateful, she saved my life.

June 22nd, 2016
Five Star Doctor!
Five Star Doctor! Dr. Wiesenthal is an excellent internal medicine doctor. Very satisfied with the care I have received. She is smart and through. I've been able to get into see her when I need to, and her office staff is always prompt to return my call. I'm telling all my friends to get a primary care doctor, it's just so important, even if you don't currently have any medical issues. Dr. Wiesenthal is an excellent choice.

April 25th, 2016
I became a patient of Dr. Alexis Wiesenthal appx. three years ago and count myself as very fortunate to have selected her as my primary physician. She has always impressed me with her knowledge, her thoroughness, and her compassion. I currently see several specialists for a variety of medical conditions, but since I have such implicit trust in Dr. Wiesenthal's judgment, I try, when possible, to discuss treatment plans with her before I make any major decisions. CARING is a requisite for my physician and Dr. Wiesenthal certainly meets this requirement.

March 14th, 2016
Dr. Alexis Wiesenthal is an excellent physician and the best doctor I have ever had. She is my primary care physician and has been for many years. I went through so many doctors before her that were rude, abusive, arrogant and not up-to-date in their own field. She is well versed in all the current research findings. I’m an older patient and I chose her as my doctor because of her intelligence, caring manner, and the way she treats me as intelligent. She has expectations that we work together and that I am equally responsible for my health care. It's so unusual to find a doctor that will listen and then dive deeper into what you are discussing. She is extremely thorough. If there is the least possibility of a health situation, she will run you through tests and send you to excellent specialists. She makes me want to do my best in caring for my health and I don't want to disappoint her.

March 7th, 2016
It's refreshing to find a doctor who truly cares about her patients wellness. Dr Wiesenthal follows up personally via phone after a visit, and she will return calls to answer any questions.