Anesthesiologist (pain control), Physiatrists, Pain Management Specialist

Hunterdon Orthopaedic Specialists Pa
194 State Route 31
Flemington, NJ 08822
908-782-0600
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Feb 19th, 2014

What a horrible doctor! Sticks you with a shot without a diagnosis. Makes assumptions at your expense and risk. She is rude, arrogant and careless. Stay away

|  mister  |  show details
by gerald e. mcmurtry on May 5th, 2013

I have visited Dr. Salam on numerous occasions, primarily for back and shoulder pain. She has always taken appropriate time and utilized all necessary diagnostic tools to identify the cause. She has treated me with both injectable and systemic medications. I have always felt her only goal was to relieve my pain, and where possible cure my illness. I highly recommend her!

|  Very knowledgeable  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

I had pain for years and was given pain meds by many anesthesiologists but no body really took time to diagnose my problems and she looked at films, read my reports and LISTENED ,she is my doc for few years now and I am functioning very well with a combination of exercises, rare spinal injections once every 2 years and minimal pain meds after failing surgery 2X.

Apr 24th, 2012

I went to Dr. Salam for lower back pain that also ran down my legs. She ordered an MRI and after I had it she made me feel like she was trying to minimize my injury. She said I should get the shots and it would help. I'm sure this may work for a lot of people but it did not work for me. If anything it made my pain worse. When I called the next day after having the procedure I left a message on the her nurses voice mail. The nurse returned my call about 2 hours later and told me Dr. Salam said to "tough it out". I asked how long I should have to wait and her nurse said very rudely "I can't answer that I'm not the doctor" No kidding lady.... can you find out for me? Her nurse was Always rude. She NEVER called me back. Also Dr. Salam is not an anesthesiologist. I dont like the idea of someone poking around in my spine with needles that's not an anesthesiologist. It is one week later and I ended up hospitalized for pain management cause I was suffering so bad. The sad part is almost all doctors are like this. They have great bedside manner but stink when it comes to actual treatment or vice versa. I am looking for an actual anesthesiologist for my pain management now. I hope I get someone good.

|  I like her  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

Very knowledgeable. I have chronic back pain with sciatica that can at times be excruciating. It is the usual office situation around here that will accept my managed care insurance. It takes a long time to get an appointment and the office is always busy, meaning there is some wait time. Time spent with the dr. is also managed. I feel that Dr. Salam spent sufficient time with me and offered the best solution to my back pain issues. Cortisone shots worked very well to make my sciatica manageable. She prescribed narcotic pain meds when needed but it's probably pretty clear from my usage that I don't abuse them. I use only occasionally for spikes in pain.

|  Abrupt,insulting,patronizing and doesn't listen  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

Seems to think she is all that and then some. Doesn't listen to questions or concerns and couldn't get out of the room to go to lunch quick enough. I have never had such a reaction to a dr before-leaves a bad, bad taste in my mouth. Will be seeking another dr. who will actually listen.

Jan 21st, 2012

Yes, she is very upfront and may come off as insulting. However, she is very accurate and careful and will take the time needed to explain anything to patients. She is also not a drug pusher. I would not go to anyone else.

|  Insulting  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

She barely looked at my radiology report of my MRI or explained the results. Never asked what I do for a living. Dismissed any idea offering pain medication ("I don't do that"). Suggested someone must have told me that she gives pain medicine when it was the other doctor in her practice who referred me. It was all very offensive. i-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

Aug 22nd, 2011

She was abrupt and minimized my pain. She seemed interested in giving me shots right off the bat without much consult. I felt she dismissed the symptoms pointed out by my physical therapists who actually referred me to her. I did not return to her for treatment and chose another doctor.

May 26th, 2011

great, brilliant physician.

|  2 level acdf  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2011

Dr Salam told me that I should not be feeling as much pain as I was.... One year later (and a new set of MRI's ordered by a different doctor), I am getting ready for a two level ACDF.... Shouldn't a pain management doctor care about her patients pain level??