A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alfonso Barragan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alfonso Barragan is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alfonso Barragan, MD, FACS is board certified in Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Barragan graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio.
Dr. Barragan has 25 hospital affiliations:
- Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barragan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 1 plan
- LA Care Health Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 1 plan
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 18 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alfonso L. Barragan practice?
Dr. Alfonso Barragan practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Monterey Park, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Baldwin Park, CA and Commerce, CA.
See Monterey Park Surgeons.