Primary Care Doctor, General Practitioner

3.0

Aug 22nd, 2015

My famy has had several encounters with this physician and every time his bedside manner is lacking to say the least. He is rude, arrogant, and intimidating. He asked my grandmother, who has Dementia, why she was in the ER. But this complaint now is for my fathers's best friend. Mr. B is a 64 year d black man with hx of stroke, Hypertension, diabetes , and has had multiple admissions for all three of these diseases. Mr B suffered a major stroke about 5 yrs ago and was taken to Wilson N Jones then transfered to Baylor. Mr B has medic records at Wilson N jones. Mr B fell at some point Friday morning, soiled himself, was so weak he could not get up. He fortunately was able to phone my parents to let them know he called paramedics. We was brought in the ER of WNJ where Dr Cardenas assed him. He asked Mr. B why he was here ( not what happened). This is apparently the doctors favorite question. They drew labs and took X-rays . No CT, no concern that he couldn't walk and was weak and confused. He was discharged home without any further work up. My parents live less than a mile from WNJ as they pulled into the driveway Mr B began to have severe leg and arm weakness and my mother and father new he was not ok and suspected a stroke. They called paramedics and again went to WNJ emergency department. Dr Cardenas was on the phone in sight and within ear shot of my mother saying " Idon't know why he's back. He was fine when he left." He did not care about Mr. B. This second time a CT scan of the head was performed and Mr. B is now in MICU with diagnosis of right sided stroke. He is awake and can communicate. He has severe left sided deficits. WNJ is a certified stroke center. I am a RN with 12 yrs of hospital experience and I find the care of Mr. B appalling. As health care providers, signs and symptoms of stroke and obtaining a health history is literally crammed down our throats! This was simply poor medical care. Basic medicine was not provided. We will be filing a formal grievance to ensure that a stroke certified center can actually identify a STROKE!!!

Jan 10th, 2014

He's in bed with the local municipal judge. They make people wards of the state of Texas and uses their insurance money to cover the non-paying people.

patient show details patient
by geo p on Sep 7th, 2013

excellent, caring fantastic bedside manner

Cruel show details Cruel
Mar 3rd, 2012

Lying, being unbearbly cruel, venditive, hurtful, uncaring, use staff to advance his cruelity, thinks he has ESP, are these ethical for any Dr, I could go on but I am crying so I mus t stop