Dr. Alfonso Ciervo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfonso Ciervo?

March 28th, 2015

Unnecessary proposed surgery

Doctor Ciervo wanted to remove a small mass on my foot that I thought was vascular (Why I went to a vascular surgeon ). He insisted that the mass be surgically removed without any need for x-rays or MRI’s because “the mass was not suppose to be there”. He stated that he “did not know what the mass was but it had to be removed”. His proposed methodology was to remove an elliptical portion of the area of the skin above the mass and then remove the mass. I insisted that I would not go ahead with any procedure without an MRI so after my insistence he gave me a Rx for an MRI. At the MRI facility the Radiologist, while reviewing the MRI in Progress, recommended I also have a MRI w/contrast. When I consulted with a different Surgeon ( second opinion-very important ) it was determined no action was necessary at this time since more damage would be done by removal, since I have normal walking/running function. Also the mass was not vascular. Dr. Ciervo’s proposed surgical procedure was not appropriate and I might have ended up permanently disabled because of damage done to my plantar (ligament). I would not recommend him under any circumstances and may report him to some Professional Authority.

October 25th, 2012

Great Doctor

Easy enough to get an appointment, though I had to schedule it out about three weeks. Office staff is very friendly and accommodating. Dr. Ciervo spent more time with me than any other doctor I have been to over the past five years :) I think he would have spent even more time if I continued to ask more questions, but I was happy and satisfied with course of treatment he recommended. I would send family and friends to Dr. Ciervo.

January 30th, 2011

Dr. is extremely knowledgeable in his field of expertise. Explains everything, has a terrific bedside manner. Glad to have had him for my care.

May 7th, 2009

He will operate on anyone for money. Surgery anytime of the day. Stay hungry all night and all day waiting for him to show up but be ware your surgery might get cancelled because he is "tied up" at another hospital for some "emergency". Overbooks himself with amount of surgeries he cannot handle

May 11th, 2017