A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alford Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alford Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Smith has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 9 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alford A. Smith practice?
Dr. Alford Smith practices Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Allergy & Immunology, Family Medicine, and Pediatrics near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists, Brooklyn Emergency Physicians, Brooklyn Allergists, Brooklyn Family Physicians, and Brooklyn Pediatricians.