Dr. Alfred Bilik Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Bilik?

Erectile Dysfunction

Erectile Dysfunction

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Bilik?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 29th, 2017

Good Doctor, Lousy Practice

Dr. Bilik is a capable and caring physician. He is, however stretched thin and practices at another satellite offices. The time spent with him is cursory at best...he always gives the impression of being rushed and stressed. And these are the positives! The practice is, at best, rushed. Phone messages to nurses are not returned on a timely basis. Attitudes are brusque to the point of being unprofessional. Turnover of medical and support staff appears high. Appointment wait times would have to improve to be lengthy, especially during the busy season. It's necessary to schedule either the first appointment of the day or the first after lunch to be seen even close to as scheduled. The problem is that, in this town there are two major urological practices, and the other isn't much better, so there are no realistic other options.

October 11th, 2016

Why I was impressed and not so impressed

I thought Dr. Bilik a very kind man. Good eye contact and I think he's bright and well educated. I would sit all day in a busy office if I thought I would get excellent care. Why I cannot recommend him or "anyone" in that office? He glanced at my records, from my urologists in D.C. and CA, then recommended I come back in one year. Did he listen to me? No. It's a busy office. I mentioned specifically what my D.C. physician said and then got his attention. He wrote an Rx. I do think he would be good to have as a physician if he pays attention. BAD: Office staff. Outside his office a kind assistant answered a question. I walked out and at the waiting room I could see the assistant but they refused to allow me to walk back to her desk and told me to leave, then call the doctor. I sat in waiting room for 15 min. + telephoning through an array of prompts until I could leave a message. Everyone I talked to that day, except one kind woman, was quite rude. My wife worked over 20 years in medical field in NYC. Her view. The physicians are well aware of their staff and allow this. It's by their choice. A very busy practice. What good is a very fine well educated physician if he's about to make a mistake on you. A shame. Wish they were less interested in volume and more in quality. They still would earn more than enough income. My physician in D.C I returned to last year. Now too far to travel. Why he was so good? Educated, kind, experienced, and believes when he's in need of a physician he hopes he will get the kind of man he is. He was not my relative or a buddy but in a crisis gave me his cell number telling me to call on the weekend if I needed to come in since surgery was Monday AM. He didn't need the money nor was worried he might lose a patient to another. Do your research then hope for the best. I hate posting this. I'm hoping Dr. Bilik and his associates change their policies of how they deal with patients. Thank you.

September 1st, 2016

Dr Bilik is an excellent Urologist. His concern for his patients is clear and he is highly competent! The practice is very busy and patience is required in the waiting room.

March 10th, 2016

Substandard Practice

Waiting times at this practice, unless one has the first appt. in the morning or first after lunch, are obscene. I have waitied over an hour and a half past an appt. time. This time I was first in after lunch. Staff is constantly turning over and seem to be on a forever learning curve. Most recent visit, had to coach a newbie to make sure she got my scrips, tests, and future appts. right. Rookie nurse did not perform a fundamental check-in procedure. Doctor spent MAYBE five minutes with me, then raced out and didn't return. In the time he was there, I had to remind him of how he had handled a previous similar condition with me. It's obvious that this practice is overwhelmed with too many patients to provide even a minimum of attention and decent care. Furthermore, due to the constant turnover, it doesn't seem like a very good place to work, either. Unfortunately, there are no better alternatives in this town. Urology specialty is dominated by two practices and the other one is not much better.

February 12th, 2015

Awesome Dr

Dr Bilik is a fantastic Dr. He is caring, smart and very knowledgable. He is not one to rush to do surgery unless absolutely needed. His nurse is busy but kind. I also dealt with his surgery scheduler Megan and she is fantastic too. Its great to get call backs timely and feel at ease/reassured when getting scheduled for surgery by her. THe staff is friendly but front desk is very busy and you can wait awhile for appt time but feel the expertiese of Dr Bilik is worth the wait!

February 6th, 2015

DON'T BE IN A HURRY AT THIS PLACE

Dr. Bilik is a very personable and caring doctor. I think he is quite capable as well. After that, it's all downhill because....... The overall experience is ruined by the amount of time spent in the waiting room. The survey states that the average wait after the scheduled appointment is 33 minutes. This is on a GOOD day. I recently waited for 1 HOUR AND 50 MINUTES AFTER MY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT, not including 10 minutes in the examination room waiting for him to make an appearance, after which he talked to me for a whole 10 minutes. The excuses are always the same; emergencies, Dr. Bilik is very thorough, they are overly busy that day, seasonality, etc. It's quite apparent that the staff doesn't care, either. I would find another practice, but the problem is that there are two large urology practices which dominate this town. The other one, while more prompt and organized, is lacking in bedside manner and staff attitude. So, I'm stuck.

December 31st, 2013

Very good experience with the doctor

Dr. Bilik operated on me for kidney stones, and did a high quality job. My parents flew down from Boston to help me. My Dad used to be president of several hospitals up there, and he researched Dr. Bilik, and found he had been trained at and worked for one of the top urology departments in Boston for several years. My Dad said that only high quality urologists are hired by that hospital. Before the surgery, I stayed in the hospital for about two days on pain meds and an IV for extra hydration hoping the stones would pass on their own. He did advanced imaging on me each day to see if the stones had moved or gone down in size. They did not go away, so I decided to go ahead with the surgery. He listened to me and my concerns. He explained the procedure to me, which was endoscopic surgery so they didn’t need to cut me open. He met with me after the surgery in the recovery room, and the next morning in my room. He also met with me 3 months later to follow up to see if I was doing fine. He gave me detailed, written information on steps I could take to avoid getting stones. I will use him again if I ever get stones to the extent that I need surgery.

April 27th, 2013

how bad it can be?

the front staff need to be trained, as a new patient when I show for my appointement it took 15 minutes to finaly find my name in the computer but no trace of the time I just was there but not realy there.They wanted to reschedule me one month later I decline.To be fair I have no idea about the competence of the doctor and I will never know.

February 5th, 2013

Dr. A.J. Bilik

Dr. Bilik is the most professional, knowledgeable, kind, attentive and courteous medical professional I have ever been attended by. Dr. Bilik consistently renders legendary customer service

July 10th, 2012

Office staff efficiency leaves something to be desired but Dr Bilik is and excellent physician.

January 22nd, 2012

Great doctor. Spent ample time with me and answered all of my questions. The staff was friendly and very efficient. My wait time was around 5 minutes in the waiting room and maybe 5 minutes in the exam room. Very quick!

December 12th, 2011

Having rated Dr Bilik here, I have to highly recommend that folks looking for a doctor ignore sites such as these, where anyone (including competing physicians) can attempt to influence people's choices. Ask friends, colleagues, family members instead! I would like to know where the "woefully unskilled" comment came from. I have worked with Dr Bilik for several years and then, after retirement, have been his patient, I can honestly say he is a very caring, knowledgable, and skilled physician. And I have worked with many...