A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alfred Buxton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alfred Buxton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Buxton
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Buxton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alfred Buxton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Unstable Angina
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Education & Awards
Dr. Buxton graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Buxton has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Kent County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alfred E Buxton MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Alfred E. Buxton practice?
- Dr. Alfred Buxton has 4 office locations.
Dr. Alfred Buxton practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Providence, RI.
Additional practice locations include: Needham, MA and East Providence, RI.
See Providence Internists and Providence Cardiologists.