A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alfred Buxton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alfred Buxton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alfred Buxton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Unstable Angina
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Education & Awards
Dr. Buxton graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Buxton has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Kent County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alfred E Buxton MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Alfred E. Buxton practice?
- Dr. Alfred Buxton has 4 office locations.
Dr. Alfred Buxton practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Providence, RI and Needham, MA.
See Boston Internists and Boston Cardiologists.