Dr. Alfred Chapman DO Patient Reviews

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Clearwater, FL

3.9

June 20th, 2016
Dr.Chapman treats the physical pain and mental paim other docs/pharm.put on us!
When I first went to him I did not expect much. Even tho I had been hit by a car @ 70 mph,crushing 3 vertebre,which led 2 two H,discs...I for 6 years turned down Pain meds. Finally I boke down and was put (by other docs) every pain pill on the block.They made me into a zombe. I went, to 3 Neurosurgeons all said we cant do fusion,stick pain meds. I went in to detox and went through living heck to get off the crud ,then lay in a bed 4 a year until I was recommended to Dr. C! I expected nothing and got the best pain management Drs. in the state. Not only did he address the pain i n my spine-but also the pain inflicted on me by other docs (like I was sa bad person),and even more by the Pharmasists (you take WHAT). Today I live in mild pain-Dr.C knows that more is not always the answer and the pain we know covers the pain inflicted on us. SO please,if you are suffering,stop it and make an appt. with Dr. Chapman. Yes sometimes he is a bit of a wait,but you "get it" with the time he takes w/you.

March 17th, 2016
He Cares
I could tell on my first visit, this is a real doctor. The very first doctor who actually sat and listened to me. All other doctors spoke in a manner of being superior in intelligence. Doctor Chapman talks to you, not at you. He has given me a qulaity of life I haven't had in many years. THANKS Doc for caring!

February 3rd, 2016
Dr Chapman has helped me greatly. He always makes time for everyones problems! His office help goes out of their way to help you.

January 17th, 2016
I've been going to Dr Chapman for well over 8 years is a wonderful Dr a wonderful man very kind and without him I would be living in a life of pain. Thank you Dr Chapman if you're looking for a doctor that will listen to you care about you and take care of you then you found the man. If you're looking for a quick prescription for narcotics go somewhere else, he's a very knowledgeable person and he picks up on everything. I am truly thankful for him and his staff.

August 13th, 2015
Most compassionate doctor I have ever met
This doctor has a wonderful bedside manner. Very observant, picks up on mannersm of other medical problems you may have forgotten to tell him or even things you don't realize. He lets you speak, explains well in layman terms. Very professional and knowledgeable! What a relief, finally, no packed waiting room, staff are kind, they must love their jobs! This Dr. and his staff actually appear to be happy. Efficient and organized. Be prepared, they handle sincere patients, strict rules. I don't suggest anyone to take kindness for foolishness. This office goes by current, up to date laws, make sure you read everything you sign and be prepared to be a responsible patient that truly needs to see this type of doctor and as always with any doc that understands Floridas' ever changing laws, your first appt does not always mean you are going to get a prescription . Obviously I would assume the Dr. decides according to your diagnosis! I would say that this is a top notch office and would definitely recommend Dr. Chapman to anyone that appreciates quality care and a nice environment. If you make an appt,whoever answers the phone, if you tell her what you need to see doctor for she will let you know exactly what you need to bring on your first visit, again people that know what they are doing, I even got a reminder call! I was a bit irritated with filling out new pt. forms but after I saw the Dr. I understood, he is actually concerned about your overall health! Great office and team!

June 4th, 2015
Dr. Alfred Chapman
Will contact you if absolutely necessary when office is closed. Knowledgeble, Compassionate. Explains diagnosis. Very good at elaborating so you understand. Been seeing him six year. Would not want to see another Dr, Besides my primary. Efficient as possible. Great Staff.

May 19th, 2015
Let me be honest about Dr Chapman
Dr Chapman has changed my life by seeing me as a person. Individual. Unique. He actually listens, shares of himself, asks pertinent questions and like "Dr. House" keeps digging to make certain that treatment prescribed is wholly accurate. He cares about his patients from the heart not the hype of popularity or his wallet size. As a Pt. of a few years I am moving, but will travel across the country if possible to keep Dr Chapman as my caring physician. At 50 years old I will never find a better Dr than him 'cause I've seen them all!

April 15th, 2015
Great Doctor
I started seeing Dr. Chapman several years ago. At that time, he accepted my insurance. When my insurance company changed to one he didn't accept, he worked with me so my cost would be affordable. He is a truly caring doctor and listens to you and spends an appropriate amount of time with his patients. His staff has always been professional and courteous to me. The only negative is, as his practice has grown, waiting time and difficulty making appointments have increased. But, still worth the minor inconvenience.

April 14th, 2015
used to be great
A nice guy and good doctor, however, habitually runs late getting to work on time first thing in the morning. Lately, he has "called in sick" way too often leaving patients in a bind and his office staff clearly stressed. I am hoping that things change around soon because I really do like him as a person, but I won't miss work again or be inconvenienced anymore.

March 26th, 2014
A blessing to Humanity
I transfered to Dr Chapman a few months back, and it has been the best thing I have ever done. He spends ample time with me, and really cares about helping you. If you are looking for a quick script, than he is NOT your guy. He can see through B.S. I only have great things to say about this man. He has saved my life, and cares about my well being. Its not often to find a Dr that spends time listening to you. I wish I would have found him sooner. Thanks Doc. I am clean and sober because of you!!

July 14th, 2013
Great doctor, bad staff
Dr. Chapman is rare among doctors. He really cares. He is really skilled. He is really educated. He can achieve real changes in your body and health. The only problem is his office staff are young girls who have no clue how to run an office or how to properly interact with patients. If Dr. Chapman was not such a good doctor, I would never go back there due to the rudeness and stupidness of his staff. He needs to fire them and hire some professionals.

June 9th, 2013
The Doctor Who Changed My Life
I have been a patient of Dr. Chapman's for two years now. With respect to his practice as a whole, I have always been treated with the utmost care and respect by all. My healthy lifestyle has always been the main objective (my social, economic and psychological, wellbeing included). I'd previously been referred to a chiropractor after a terrible car accident, the chiropractor had one goal, to exhaust my PIP insurance as quickly as possible. I'd realized this upon receipt of my very first statement. As for Dr. Chapman, however, it has been my experience over these past years that he has a much higher set of ethics/morals. These include, but are not limited to; practicing integrity in medicine, taking the time needed to fully address his patients' medical questions/concerns (It is important to point out, his answers are never generalized. They are very thoughtfully in-depth and detailed.), insuring that his patients receive the best care and putting our health needs before even his own personal needs in most cases (including emergency after hours attention). Also something I especially appreciate is that it is not uncommon for him to refer to his OWN medical experiences, when applicable, to help a patient better understand the topic at hand. He is not the type of doctor who acts superior to his patients, which makes him much more relatable, adding to the overall quality of the experience during an appointment. Dr. Chapman's patients (in my opinion) are only second in priority to maintaining an ethical medical practice.