Dr. Alfred Dushman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Dushman?

October 3rd, 2013

Great doctor. Trustworthy and old school.

I think some of these reviews are a bit off. My wife and I have had nothing but good experiences here at the Wigwam office. Dr. Dushman is a very experienced doctor and knows his field. We've seen a few other local doctors and they want to diagnosis everything, give you pills and send you on your way asap. Dr. Dushman will take time and examine possible diagnoses before suggesting treatment. looking for feedback from both the child and the parent. He's the best doctor we've seen in Nevada. His office, including the staff nurses and assistants are all great. Timely and very friendly.

February 25th, 2013

Something off about him..

My kid usually sees Dr. Schnitzler but several times he wasn't available and had to see Dr. Dushman instead. Something about him seems a little off and I am not sure I can trust his judgement. I was concerned about my sons weight and eating habits (he is so skinny and hardly eats). You can see his rib cage/spine/etc he is so tiny. This doctor said he was just fine and he was actually "over weight" for his height! WHAT!? He also sent the message to my kid that he could continue eating the way he does. Not okay and I disagree with his opinion. I wouldn't go back to him even if the other Dr. isn't there.

January 14th, 2012

Best. Doctor !!!

Dr.Dushman is my two kids pediatrician and he is the most wonderfull person and knowledgable doctor that I' be ever met.He takes time and explain everything regarding my kids diagnostic ,he is very compassionate and good to the little patients!We love all his staff ,they are amazing people!!Thank you everyone for being there for us when we need you !!

November 23rd, 2011

Worth the Wait -- Would not go to anyone else

My daughter had severe asthma and our other pediatricians office herded us in and out like cattle. I originally had scheduled with another doctor in his office and wasnt too thrilled. I happened to come across Dr. Dushman when I came in as a walk-in for my daughter (6 yrs old at the time) when she was sick with a cold and her asthma had her barley breathing. He spent over an hour with us explaining and putting together a plan. I walked out of there knowing more then I had ever been told and we had been in and out of emergency rooms since she was 2 months old. I have lived in Las Vegas for over 25 years and have yet run into a doctor as thorough as Dr. Dushman. I wish he took adult patients. With this in mind, and you are waiting to see him and you are looking at you watch thinking why is he 1/2 behind -- I say to myself "He is spending as much time with someone elses child as he does with yours" -- and as my husband says "good things come to those who wait". However, I usually ask for his 1st when scheduling in advance and if I am a walk-in for sick appointments, we bring books and stuff to do! I have recommended him too many friends and family and no one has been disappointed. In fact, I have received many thank you calls I found him by luck and he gave my daughter a program that has worked she couldnt even jump on a trampoline with our other kids. She is now 5 years later playing volleyball and softball!

October 24th, 2011

A wonderful pediatrician with a wealth of knowledge and experience!

I highly recommend Dr. Dushman. I have never been as impressed with any physician. I found it very easy to make an appointment. When Dr. Dushman first walked into the examination room, he already knew all of my son's medical history. I was completely blown away. He spent a great deal of time talking with me and my son. He was wonderful. He was able to get my son into a specialist, when other doctors in the past have been completely unsuccessful. I owe a great deal to Dr. Dushman. He is a wealth of knowledge.

March 16th, 2011

We love Dr Dushman!

Dr Dushman is the best pediatrician my kids have ever had. I have 3 kids and all adore him. He has inspired my 7 year old to become a pediatrician as well. My 1 year old daughter had surgery when she was 3 months old and he went out of his way to personally meet the surgeon performing the surgery on my daughter. I have never met any doctor like him!

October 29th, 2010

Dr. Dushman is a very polite and knowledgeable person. I've found that he is very accurate on his health diagnosis with my two children; his advice on specific health problems requiring the opinion of a specialist, it was exactly the same than the spec. himself. Definately a Dr. you can trust. Sorry to say that my ins. no longer has his office as my providers.Thank you for everything- All staff from Fremont Children Clinic.

July 8th, 2010

Disappointed (again)...We won't be back.

Dr. Dushman has a lot to be desired in the area of personality. Much less tact. He always seems to be the Dr. that is free/available and we end up seeing him. Thankfully, its not for anything too serious. He is very curt, rude and condescending to the parents of his little patients. He likes to put down parents and not only me. I heard him through the walls with the previous parent and was appalled. However, my daughter needed her immunizations for school and luckily he couldn't do too much damage on such a well check. He needs a class in compassion and check his high horse at the door. I have had enough and decided to switch ped. due to his attitude. Sorry Fremont but you have some overhaul to do in your practice!

June 9th, 2010

Best in the West

Dr. Dushman is awesome! He's stern, confident, caring, and well informed. He cares about the welfare of his patients. He is the best by far!

May 22nd, 2017