Dr. Alfred Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 8 reviews

February 29th, 2016
I have seen some negative reviews of Dr. H but he was wonderful with me. Took his time, answered my questions, was friendly and approachable. My husband goes to him, too, and we both really like Dr. Hernandez.

March 5th, 2015
Bad Doctor
He is a mean little man who doesn't listen to your complaints. I don't believe he has the proper knowledge of medications and what the best prescription is. He is argumentative and there is no follow up.

June 26th, 2012
Well rounded and caring physician
Don't have any hesitation recommending to friends and relatives.

April 20th, 2012
Exceptional Experience
My overall experience with this office was great. Awesome office staff, very caring and courteous. Dr. Fernandez took the time to review my records, ask questions, let me ask questions, and addressed any concerns. He asked my opinion on my treatment, and while I know he is the medical professional I really appreciated that he cared about what I wanted for my care. I have been to other offices in the area, where they bounce you from doctor to doctor or you have to schedule a month ahead to get in, and this is the best doctor all around in the area. I wish I had found him sooner. Thorough, promptly addressed my conditions and concerns, quality and efficiancy at its best.

October 17th, 2011
Dr Fernandez is good. Office environment is good. Hard to get an appt though. Wish,he can see people on Saturday. Wish he can set up a clinic in Va. Beach area.He spent more time with my concerns. He does not look to be in a hurry. He listens good to my problems. If you need an annual physical exam, the results are in before you leave the office which is excellent. Overall: I am satisfied with his services.

November 1st, 2010
Can't believe it
Went in to see the doctor bcuz I have several conditions that need monitoring on regular basis. Didn't know if I was staying in area or not at the time, but wanted to establish w/a dr. They took 4 vials of blood plus urine. I never heard back on the results, so when I called they told me that since I wasn't going to be staying in area they'd thrown the blood away & not run it. Dr wouldn't talk to me about it & med asst got REALLY snippy with me as I tried to determine what really happened. She said there was no indication in dr's notes to run the blood, but I remember him writing down my conditions & why I needed monitoring. It was only when we talked about whether I was staying in area that he decided not to do full physical, & I'm sure it was at that point that blood got thrown away. Funny thing, though, urine got tested. How is that?

January 11th, 2010
Amazing doctor
I just recently started seen doctor Fernandez. My boyfriend has been a patient since he was 8 so he suggested this doctor of the back. I am very please with his work, attitude and office staff. His office is always able to work me in regardless of how booked they are. I recomend him hightly.

April 13th, 2009
This Doctor has failed to recommend follow-up care, preventative care and maintenance care for medical issues with myself, my mother, grandmother and father. My grandmother is now deceased and my father has advance prostate cancer that Dr. Fernandez never even thought to test for let alone refer for care.