Dr. Alfred Forrester MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Pasadena, MD

3.3

August 2nd, 2016
Terrible treatment
The logistics of this visit were fine- staff was nice, was seen on time, etc. However, the treatment from the psychiatrist himself was the most terrible experience I have EVER encouraged. He admitted to sleeping in his office the night before our session and apologized for being in a 'bad mood,' refused to give me medications I had taken for years, and would not listen to me when I told him I was having allergic reactions to the medications he prescribed. When I told him I wanted to transfer to a new doctor, he refused to speak to my next provider and stated he would destroy my chart. I told him I would report him to the board and currently have an ongoing claim with them at this time. I would never return to this person or ever recommend anyone else to see him. Please do yourself a favor and avoid the exhaustion and frustration and see another provider. He came recommended by another and I have lost all faith in providers since.

September 15th, 2015
Very intelligent, patient and professional gentleman. He is an excellent listener. He is open to a patient's opinion of the situation. Makes me feel at ease with my anxiety. Also suffer from a serious pain d/o which he does take seriously. Excellent f/u on the phone. Doesn't over-medicate, but suggests meds when helpful.

June 3rd, 2012
A poor choice since the doctor cares little about the patient and only about his own opinion. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

April 11th, 2012
Great
Very nice and understanding psychiatrist.

April 5th, 2012
former patient
Dr Forrester abandoned me in mid session and offered no help in finding a new doctor. He put his own feelings above the patient's best interest.

January 31st, 2011
caring Dr. worthy of praise
After finding Dr. Forrester, he was patient and kind. Very keen of our daughters feelings. Well versed with drug interactions. I feel we have finally met a man whom we can trust to lead us in caring for our daughters' needs. Was helpful with information regarding therapists that specialize in a particular field of diagnosis.

July 23rd, 2010
returns calls, very helpful
I have been seeing Dr. Forrester for a few years, and he has always been very very easy to deal with. He always calls back very quickly to answer my questions whenever I call.

April 30th, 2010
Dr. Forrester is an excellent doctor.
I absolutely disagree with the person who rated Dr. Forrester so low and, without any disrespect, am noting that the writer seems to be a demanding, needy person with a very narrow view of how a physician should behave.I've seen Dr. Forrester on and off for about six years and through two major life crises. He is exceptionally well-educated, is exceptionally bright, knows a great deal about medications (including drug combinations that can benefit patients who aren't finding relief on single medications), and is very kind. He's reserved, but don't mistake that for a lack of compassion -- he is deeply concerned about the well-being of his patients, he gives them the time they need, and he makes himself available at all hours, should they need him. Plus, he returns calls promptly. Occasionally I've had to wait for a few minutes to see him, but never more than 15 minutes, and I don't mind -- it means he's making sure that some other patient has all the info s/he needs, just as Dr. Forrester makes sure that I have all the info I need.I think he's superb, a 10 out of 10, and I recommend him wholeheartedly.