Dr. Alfred Geissele MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
I've been a patient for almost 13 years and have had numerous spinal surgeries that were badly needed and in which he vorrected another local board certified surgeons mistakes. If given a choice, I would see no other MD in the state of NC.

February 13th, 2014
Beware of this guy!
Dr. Alfred Geissele operated on my neck in 2005 after being recommended to me by a past friend. The procedure was originally planned to fuse (1) cervical disc but after surgery learned he actually fused (2). Hours after surgery an eye doctor had to be called in to deal with a scratched cornea due to bone fragments in my eye. In 2007 after dealing with continued pain I went to another surgeon who discovered (1) of the disc areas that Dr. Geissele operated on did not fuse and so I therefore had to undergo an addition surgery in 2007 to attempt to repair the damage caused by Dr. Geissele. The surgeon who did my surgery in 2007 , whom I had used in 1995 on another cervical fusion, expressed that Dr. Geissele botched my surgery so bad that I may have permanent nerve damage. Even though the 2007 surgery corrected the area that did not fuse in 2005 as of today I have permanent nerve damage in my lower neck and right arm which has caused me years and years of constant chronic pain. I would not recommend Dr. Alfred Geissele to operate on my worst enemy. I should have sued him when I had the chance but who would have known?

January 17th, 2012
The Best!
Best Spine Surgeron EVER!!!!!!!

July 27th, 2011
Dr. Geissele is the Greatest Spinal Surgeon in Hickory,he's the only one I'll let operate on my back n neck. Dr. Geissele is very caring n has a great bedside manner. I want let NOBODY operated on me except Dr. Alfred E. Geissele,MD

August 30th, 2010
Awesome doc!! He did surgery on my back 10 or so years ago and I had no trouble at all probably because I followed the after care instructions to the letter!! If you are gonna have a disc repaired through surgery, you have to do the after care detail by detail. If not, your success rate is not usually very good. Dr. Geissele is the most caring doctor ever!! Kudos!!!

June 7th, 2010
Not Happy!
I was very unhappy with this Doctor! He in a year has only seen me one time after he worked on my back! It took an hour of waiting on him for one visit! I have yet to see an x-ay of my surgery! I felt very uncared about as a patent! He only spent 5 minutes with me! And I left there with no real answers to my questions! I would never refer anyone to him for back surgery nor would I ever let him do surgery on me ever again! I will warn everyone I come in contact with about his lack of care or concern about me after surgery! I feel he cut me open got his money and now his is done, unless I plan to get another surgery! I realize I am only one person but I love to talk and meet people! I will let everyone I meet about the lack of care/ concern and just overall harrilbe experince I had with this so call orthopedic speacialist!
Doctor's Response

There are many reasons why a person receiving medical care may be unhappy with their outcome. Sometimes they feel they need to blame the physician. This unfortunate person's experience is certainly not typical of my thousands of happy patients. Random, blinded patient satisfaction surveys done by our practice bears this out. Over many years of practice, experience repeatedly shows that patients not pleased with their care or the outcome of treatment will let you know. For those who may not feel comfortable disclosing this to me directly, our staff is trained in customer service and will generally identify those individuals who need extra time or education about what's taking place. My guess is that this patient did not make their feelings clear to any of us. I regret that this person is not happy with how they've done and would urge them to come back in for a complimentary evaluation and further discussion about their result. This is the only way I can attempt to better understand their situation and meet their expectations

March 27th, 2017