A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alfred Hurwitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alfred Hurwitz, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alfred Hurwitz, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Disorders of the esophagus
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Hurwitz graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Hurwitz has 2 hospital affiliations:
- O'Connor Hospital - San Jose
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alfred Lewis Hurwitz MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alfred L. Hurwitz practice?
- Dr. Alfred Hurwitz has 1 office location.
Dr. Alfred Hurwitz practices Gastroenterology near San Jose, CA.
See San Jose Gastroenterologists.