inactive

• 1 patient rating
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 21st, 2015
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Kronthal!
My FAVORITE doctor of all time - and I have MANY specialists these days (also HAD GPs whom I loved almost as much, so that's saying something)! Dr. Kronthal first met me in the '80s as a teen, and fixed my chalasion problem with very easy outpatient surgery. Back then, the practice was still sort of the old-fashioned type - huge dark room, only him. Big problem back then was you could sit for HOURS waiting for the appt. (Probably because he spent so much time talking to everyone - for me, it was about the great old cars we both love and he had all over his walls.) Today, Dr. Kronthal has a partnership practice, which is kind of sad. The rooms are typical bright small exam rooms, rather than the homey stuff. But now delays are almost non-existent. So I get the best of both worlds. Dr. Kronthal is extremely personable, very knowledgeable and shares his view of your situation very honestly, including allaying fears (or telling me I'm at risk for MD because my mom has it). Until this year (now I need bifocals), he mostly told me it wasn't worth buying new glasses since Rx wasn't very different, etc. I happily drive 45 min to get to him since my original GP referred me to him decades ago. I also gladly took my son (7) to him when school said he should get glasses. My son is EXTREMELY scared and sensitive of anything (dentists are horrific), and before this was whimpering about how scared he would be, etc. Dr. Kronthal: "We aren't going to do ANYthing bad to you!" And he didn't - no drops or anything, like me at that age. Son got through it just fine. He doesn't want to retire, but I am dreading that day (as I have for several other docs)!