Dr. Alfred Last Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Last?

Acne

Acne

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Last?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2013

no respect

I made an appointment with Dr. Last because he is one of the only physicians in the area that takes both tricare and toddlers. Bad call. We arrived early to fill out all new patient paperwork and then waited...and waited...and waited. He finally strolled in to our room 50 minutes after our appointment time with no apology or explanation. Then he was very huffy with us when we told him that we expected an apology for being made to wait with a 2 year old for almost an hour when there was ZERO other patients in the office when we arrived. My advice, pay attention to the reviews and only see him as a LAST resort. Or don't, and go anywhere else.

June 15th, 2012

Do not like at all!!!

When Dr Last walked in the room with his 40 year old thermos and my chart in his hand he asked me what he could do for me. I start to explain and he cuts me off and says, "ya, I can take care of that". I tried to continue with explaining what my concerns are and he says, "it will be a few min and we will take you to the next room." they took me into another room where a girl wearing jeans pulls out a needle and says we are going to give you a local anesthetic and he will cut the hemangioma off. No gloves, not wearing scrubs, just an office lady. The siccors, tweezers, etc were all rusty and a 1

May 27th, 2010

Refused to See Me

I presented as a 'Confidential Patient' (requiring that I be [verbally] addressed with a name other than what is on my forms of identification).I specifically mentioned for clarity and in writing on their form requiring personal history, that my request was for VERBAL exchanges *ONLY*, emphasizing that my biological name may be used, of course, on all documentation for insurance reimbursement and for medical records purposes.Working in health care all of my adult life, it is virtually impossible to be accurate when estimating the number of patients who have been admitted as 'Confidential'. This is not unknown, nor is it uncommon or unusual.I find this physician's policy to refuse service to anyone oddly similar to that of the corner diner. I also find it unprofessional and unethical.To refuse to see me because I must use a name, for safety and security reasons, other than that on my Driver License or insurance card is unacceptable.What if my name was "Richard" and I preferred to be called "Rick" or "Dick"? Would "Elizabeth" be treated as I if she voiced her desire to be referred to as "Betty" or "Liz"? Could, or would, this gentleman comply with the above requests?More to the point, how many individual's refer to "Alfred" (the first name of this doctor) as "Al"?On the other hand and at the risk of appearing to be age-biased, this gentleman is well over 70 years old which *could* be a mitigating factor. After vetting this doctor and discovering his age, I am quite pleased, however, that he refused to see me.I was employed at the state's teaching hospitals for over a decade. I *always* attempt to see a Resident at the medical center campus for routine care. They are young(er) and the information they have access to, as well as having access to attending physicians, are clear advantages.

August 8th, 2017