Dr. Alfred Leal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Leal?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Alfred Leal?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2015

Egotistical Horrific

I had the unfortunate opportunity to meet Dr Leal while I was a patient at Harrisburg Hospital. I was hospitalized for anemia. After about 4 days worth of testing, Dr Leal introduced himself as being the answer to all blood problems. Whatever I needed to ask about blood, he would provide the answers., It was almost as if he walked in with a S on his chest, doning a cape. The end result of 20+ vials of blood tests and cuts, it was found that I had numerous blood clots in vital organs. It also showed that I had some type of Blood Factor disorder. When I questioned Dr Leal about the results of my tests....he advised me that it is a MEDICAL MYSTERY and that I WILL never know why I have so many blood clots at one time. He prescribed me Coumadin and said that my family doctor could do the maintenance work for it. An hour drive and a 5 minute drs appointment at another hospital resulted in PROPER diagnosis. Turns out the meds he prescribed would not have worked. If my disease was left untreated, I could have died. I also found out that another Dr at his hospital recommended that I be tested for bone marrow disease. He refused to do so. I would not recommend him. PERIOD.

January 14th, 2012

Very kind and gentle bedside manner. Took a lot of time explaining my disease and treatment. I was very happy I was sent to him. He's the best!

July 24th, 2011

WONDERFUL Doctor!

I accompanied my 86 year old father who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. The staff was very friendly and efficient, and Dr. Leal spent 3 HOURS with us explaining EVERYTHING! He was so nice, caring and informative. I can't say enough about him. I have had many wonderful doctors, but he certainly is in a class by himself. And he hugs!!!

January 15th, 2016