Dr. Alfred Bowles Jr MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 19th, 2013
Life after neurosurgery!
After my partial-lobectomy for epilepsy I began an intensive self-inspired rehabilitation for my independence and continued better cognitive health. I entered the nearby university within four months. Working diligently on my studies I was able to graduate in seven years with all three degrees. I received a BA in Sociology with International Honors, a BA in Psychology with qualified honors and a minor in Anthropology all completed with a cumulative gpa 3.54 and completed without a full brain. I am looking forward to starting on a masters degree, hoping to be accepted at UNR. The voc rehab plan once completed= I will finally be able to return to the work force as a Sociology teacher in the community college here in NV, where the bulk of my immediate family now lives. I may be able to eke out a second earned retirement yet, and that would be so cool, oddly having spent mid-life in retirement unplanned and disabled, I now teach many people the benefits of healthcare, a personal plan, a national plan and a family plan. It is something we all need, all our lives, for the entire life span. I am so glad our paths crossed in Hawaii in 2002. Many mahalo Dr. Bowles, for all you have given me in a longer life span, and retain my ability to learn, work, enjoy my family, live, love, walk, talk, dance and sing. By the way, I cannot whistle. But I never could before the surgery. ;o)

January 9th, 2017