3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 29th, 2016

Dr. Alfred Johnson really cares about his patients and is not afraid to do everything he can to save a patients life .

Clueless and Dangerous show details Clueless and Dangerous
by Robert on May 25th, 2016

I am agreeing and elaborting. The woman who works the front is an arrogant moron. I waited twice for this would be doctor for 2.5 hrs twice. he spent 20 mins on me and when he found out I have no insurance to pay 40 grand for HOBT and already had expensive testing done by his competent x partner who is actually a DOCTOR he blew me off. Go to another place with HBOT. He also, sadly did not treat our friend Libbey and she recently died of pancreatic cancer two thumbs down and be very afraid

by Jimmy Holmes on Jun 9th, 2015

I find this Doctor competent and intelligent. Some of his therapies are not strictly main stream but they work for me. Other physicians either refused to listen to me or misdiagnosed my illnesses. I appreciate this man

Grateful Patient show details Grateful Patient
May 3rd, 2014

Most of these reviews appear to be written by the same disgruntled person. Dr. Johnson has been my doctor for many years. He has helped me significantly. I feel certain that I would not be alive today had I not found him. I'm very grateful that he chose this field of medicine. I have not had even one hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), as one person in their review stated was necessary.

Nov 6th, 2013

I wish I would have looked up reviews before I bothered to make an appointment. The only good thing that came out of this experience is that I had IgG blood tests done and diagnosed various allergies. -- When I initially saw him I had horrific swelling that included oozing and scabbing on my face and ears ... my eyes were virtually swollen shut and he told me to take Benadryl (which I had been for nearly a week at that point, with no relief) and come back when I was better and he'd do more testing. He did end up taking blood tests that first day for allergies. I am waiting for a second round of blood test results to come back (which has taken nearly six weeks to get -- but I was told by staff that they've been mailed) -- I have no intention of seeing him again. ~ Staff was poor at best. Overall agree with other reviews... this is a money making venture for him, I'm disabled on Medicare -- no $$ in it past my first visit which I had to pay out of pocket since my deductible had not been met for the year (nearly $150) for one visit... This is after being told on the phone that it would be $37, prior to visit, even though I was a new patient. * Side note, I was early for my appointment but still waited for 30 min after my scheduled time (which was 9am) to be seen. Second appointment (because he would not do telephone consultation on test results, despite staff scheduling him to call me.) I arrived at 8:55 am for 9am appt -- at 9:55 I asked staff if I needed to reschedule and she acted insulted. The doctor saw me within about 10 minutes after that, but spent less than 10 minutes going over test results then left. -- Very disappointed since his website seemed like he had much to offer.

Excellent Doctor & Staff show details Excellent Doctor & Staff
by Renee Guzlas on Mar 18th, 2013

I have severe allergies and chemical sensitivities. I have been seeing Dr. Johnson for more than 8 years. He is an excellent physician, caring, and patient. Dr. Johnson's staff is very professional, effecient, sensitive and sympathetic to my complicated medical needs. I cannot get signifigant improvement in my health by strictly traditional methods. Dr. Johnson combines traditional medicine with the best of proven alternative therapies. Dr. Johnson also helps me effectivly manage costs. The overall results I've had from treatment at Johnson Medical Associates is so dramatic that I travel from Gulf Shores Alabama to see him. It's worth every mile!

Salesman in white coat show details Salesman in white coat
Jul 22nd, 2012

This guy is only trying to take your money to pay his bills, you'll wait forever, he will promise the moon and never even look at your results, doesn't really listen NEVER follows up with anything!!! They have a few MA's NO nurse on staff one of them is extremely rude and hareful, giving IV's and testing for allergy's. STAY AWAY if you really want to get help go somewhere else.

Stay AWAY!!! show details Stay AWAY!!!
Mar 1st, 2012

This Dr has no clue what he's doing. I saw him twice and both times he wanted to do the same blood testing. I had to tell him I had already did it.. Left the exam room 3 times to answer personal cell phone calls. The staff nursing staff is the rudest I've ever seen anywhere. Seems he only wanted my money. PLEASE STAY AWAY!

Snakeoil Salesman show details Snakeoil Salesman
Jun 24th, 2011

He starts out being nice but he does not tell you the cost or that this is all experimental with no scientific basis just a money making scam. You have to use his antigens, everyone has to use HBOT which is costly--thousands and you have to do maintenance. He states that he wants to get to the cause and not just treat to justify all the expensive tests but he has to be reminded of the results (has ADHD) and forgets from the room to the desk what was said. Your records never reflect what happened during the visit and he always has excuses as to why he never gets around to doing what needs to be done--filling our forms, med refills, phone calls and the staff. OMG--Gossip mongers and backstabbers who are not qualified to treat a dog let a lone a human. Stay awasy or the only thing that will hurt more than you do will be your pocketbook.

Watch OUT! show details Watch OUT!
May 15th, 2011

He pretends to like you and want to do ALL for you at the 1st visit but then you get the bill and then you get igorned but lots of "promises" that he will help you. The staff is rude and if you say anything he will take it out on you in many forms especially IF is has to do with the "nurse" they are not nurses the other reviewer was right they are not qualified to bathe a dog let alone treat patients. He never calls you back and your prescriptions will take forever. Talk about waiting time---they do not care how long you wait and IF you have a form to fill out forget it. You will get charged for it but you will have mistakes and delays. He must have gone to "excuse school" instead of medical school. He also has several complaints at the Medical Board but not all has been published yet. STAY AWAY