Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Internist

Heights Park
997 Hampshire Ln
Richardson, TX 75080
972-479-0400
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Grateful Patient  |  show details
May 3rd, 2014

Most of these reviews appear to be written by the same disgruntled person. Dr. Johnson has been my doctor for many years. He has helped me significantly. I feel certain that I would not be alive today had I not found him. I'm very grateful that he chose this field of medicine. I have not had even one hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), as one person in their review stated was necessary.

|  show details
Nov 6th, 2013

I wish I would have looked up reviews before I bothered to make an appointment. The only good thing that came out of this experience is that I had IgG blood tests done and diagnosed various allergies. -- When I initially saw him I had horrific swelling that included oozing and scabbing on my face and ears ... my eyes were virtually swollen shut and he told me to take Benadryl (which I had been for nearly a week at that point, with no relief) and come back when I was better and he'd do more testing. He did end up taking blood tests that first day for allergies. I am waiting for a second round of blood test results to come back (which has taken nearly six weeks to get -- but I was told by staff that they've been mailed) -- I have no intention of seeing him again. ~ Staff was poor at best. Overall agree with other reviews... this is a money making venture for him, I'm disabled on Medicare -- no $$ in it past my first visit which I had to pay out of pocket since my deductible had not been met for the year (nearly $150) for one visit... This is after being told on the phone that it would be $37, prior to visit, even though I was a new patient. * Side note, I was early for my appointment but still waited for 30 min after my scheduled time (which was 9am) to be seen. Second appointment (because he would not do telephone consultation on test results, despite staff scheduling him to call me.) I arrived at 8:55 am for 9am appt -- at 9:55 I asked staff if I needed to reschedule and she acted insulted. The doctor saw me within about 10 minutes after that, but spent less than 10 minutes going over test results then left. -- Very disappointed since his website seemed like he had much to offer.

|  BEWARE!!!  |  show details
by Someone who cares and has been to him on Sep 8th, 2013

He does have sanctions from the State Board & other states so watch out. He is only in it for the money. He pretends to care & then after you are out of money--goodbye!! AND you could even be worse than when you went to him??? BEWARE!!!

|  Excellent Doctor & Staff  |  show details
by Renee Guzlas on Mar 18th, 2013

I have severe allergies and chemical sensitivities. I have been seeing Dr. Johnson for more than 8 years. He is an excellent physician, caring, and patient. Dr. Johnson's staff is very professional, effecient, sensitive and sympathetic to my complicated medical needs. I cannot get signifigant improvement in my health by strictly traditional methods. Dr. Johnson combines traditional medicine with the best of proven alternative therapies. Dr. Johnson also helps me effectivly manage costs. The overall results I've had from treatment at Johnson Medical Associates is so dramatic that I travel from Gulf Shores Alabama to see him. It's worth every mile!

|  Stay Away for Allergies!  |  show details
by Michael L on Feb 21st, 2013

This is the guy who was reprimanded by the state board for injecting a patient with diesel extract, based on an unscientifically proven line of thinking. He is not an allergist, just a doctor trying to make a buck peddling allergy services that he clearly knows nothing about.

|  Salesman in white coat  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2012

This guy is only trying to take your money to pay his bills, you'll wait forever, he will promise the moon and never even look at your results, doesn't really listen NEVER follows up with anything!!! They have a few MA's NO nurse on staff one of them is extremely rude and hareful, giving IV's and testing for allergy's. STAY AWAY if you really want to get help go somewhere else.

|  Stay AWAY!!!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

This Dr has no clue what he's doing. I saw him twice and both times he wanted to do the same blood testing. I had to tell him I had already did it.. Left the exam room 3 times to answer personal cell phone calls. The staff nursing staff is the rudest I've ever seen anywhere. Seems he only wanted my money. PLEASE STAY AWAY!

|  Snakeoil Salesman  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

He starts out being nice but he does not tell you the cost or that this is all experimental with no scientific basis just a money making scam. You have to use his antigens, everyone has to use HBOT which is costly--thousands and you have to do maintenance. He states that he wants to get to the cause and not just treat to justify all the expensive tests but he has to be reminded of the results (has ADHD) and forgets from the room to the desk what was said. Your records never reflect what happened during the visit and he always has excuses as to why he never gets around to doing what needs to be done--filling our forms, med refills, phone calls and the staff. OMG--Gossip mongers and backstabbers who are not qualified to treat a dog let a lone a human. Stay awasy or the only thing that will hurt more than you do will be your pocketbook.

|  Watch OUT!  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

He pretends to like you and want to do ALL for you at the 1st visit but then you get the bill and then you get igorned but lots of "promises" that he will help you. The staff is rude and if you say anything he will take it out on you in many forms especially IF is has to do with the "nurse" they are not nurses the other reviewer was right they are not qualified to bathe a dog let alone treat patients. He never calls you back and your prescriptions will take forever. Talk about waiting time---they do not care how long you wait and IF you have a form to fill out forget it. You will get charged for it but you will have mistakes and delays. He must have gone to "excuse school" instead of medical school. He also has several complaints at the Medical Board but not all has been published yet. STAY AWAY

|  Disciplined by Board/Horrible Staff  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

He personally makes you wait a long time for your appointment even when no other patiens are waiting. He has had at leats 2 complaints with the Board but rolled them into one and he "hides" behind others (doctors/attys/patients) to do his dirty work like discussing patients without permission, gossiping in the office, using your records without your permission even in a court of law, he goes to patients houses to use thier phone to call and leave threatening messages, he says he will treat you for free and then you get a large bill and he "forgets", he has ADD/ADHD and cannot remember from the room he just left to the front desk, he uses hsi wife/family to hide from your calls and states how religous he is when he lies, cheats and steals--he was a part of EHCD and one day stole all thec charts, equipment and did not give notice, he says he has "nurses" but not one of them even passed the MA course or test, he does not return calls or it takes months for him to fill out paperwork. STAY AWAY!!! He starts out trying to be your friend but do not buy into it--WARNING. He even claims to be Board Certfied and he is not. He left his internship 2 months into it to start practicing. He is only in this for the money.

|  show details
Jul 21st, 2006 on yahoo.com

Good holistic approach!: I visited Dr. Johnson because of chronic asthma/breathing problems. He took a much better approach than former doctors I'd seen...and I'm already doing better using the antigens he prescribed. Also very friendly office staff!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com