Dr. Alfredo Fernandez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alfredo Fernandez?

September 2nd, 2016

Best Derm in Florida

Dr. Fernandez is the most caring and most talented Dermatologist I have ever had the pleasure to see. He is easy to talk to and listens to what you say. I have never felt rushed, upset, or any other negative thing when visiting his office. Both Dr. Fernandez and his staff members are all very nice, talented, and also professional. I would recommend him to anyone who asks me if I know a good Dermatologist!

July 17th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Fernandez for over 15 years. The only problem I have ever had with him is that when he is tired he talks at about 90 decibels .And sometimes (rarely) his accent is a little heavy.

March 4th, 2015

Do not go there, find another dermatologist.

Do not go here, find a different dermatologist! Save your time and your expensive co pay and find a different dermatologist. This man talked down to me and did not take me seriously, I could not see anyone else since he is the only dr. there. I was the last appointment of the day and they could not be bothered to call in my prescription that same day but waited till the next morning but did not tell me that. I wasted $60 to go there to be told what I had been previously diagnosed with was 'not possible' and rushed through my appointment. I left so upset but with a sheet telling me how to wash my pillow cases and other useless common knowledge to prevent acne. I am 30, not a child, please go somewhere else if you can and save your time and money, I will not go there again.

November 14th, 2014

Saved my life

Dr. Fernandez literally saved my life. I am an African American woman, and it is not uncommon for African Americans to develop black moles with age. At the age of 40, I developed a Black Round Mole on my Left Foot. In fact, a physician months prior examined the mole and concluded "the borders were round" and not to worry. A few months later, I went to see my dermatologist Dr. Fernandez who asked with a smile "Why are you here today"? I noted a couple of reasons including the mole I wanted him to look at. As he moved to examine my foot, before he even touched me to lift it, he's smile quickly left. I heard him gasped with urgency, with a look of shock in his eyes. He looks at it and simply stated, "I don't like this mole. With your permission, may I do an excision to have it tested for melanoma. I can not let you go and and live with myself. As I am sure this is most likely melanoma. I don't want to risk this, it could be fatal." There were fear waves sent all throughout my body but, I comforted myself, and replied:" I'm black. The odds of this being cancer is slim to none; right? and besides, it's pretty round." Dr. Fernandez literally began to sweat restating, "Please, please, I can shave it or cut (about an inch I think he said; I can't remember) to go deeper in the tissue and have it examined. Again, this can be fatal, I can not have this on me. You are young and you have an autistic daughter who needs you. I know this cancer is rare in blacks but, something tells me this is cancer Pathaline." He then moves over to his melanoma chart and begins educating with images how this cancer progresses. He concludes "I can't see you leave out that door and have peace." I could not believe what I was hearing and how deadly he said this cancer was. I knew he had a long line of patients waiting, I didn't want to hold anyone up but, for peace of mind, I elected to have it shaved. I was confident, it wasn't cancer. On the 14th day of waiting for my results, I received a call from the office to come in. Sure enough, what he suspected was factual now, as I'd learn, it was melanoma, Clark level 3! He immediately referred me for extensive surgery to clean the location site. Now 3.5 years later, I am still hear praise the lord. I am so thankful Dr. Fernandez did not allow me to leave his office without educating me on the importance of doing that excision. This mole was round... and not noticeably raised but, Dr. Fernandez's heart said "I don't like it." I am literally in tears typing this because, I know he was God sent. Dr. Fernandez saved my life!

October 31st, 2014

MOHs facial surgery

I had a terrific experience with Dr and his staff.Rashonda is amazing nurse,she held my hand when I got my shot!. I read these reviews ,and I thought do these people NOT understand the MOHs surgery? Yes,it was a really long time in the waiting room. The Dr explained that He was reading the slides after he took the cancer out. So I was pretty prepared. And my scar is so small no one can see it! That's what I was looking for in a surgeon.

April 11th, 2013

Waited 5 hours for a proceedure and was refurred to a plactic surgian to complete his work, as he was unable to complete it without a disfiguring scar. My advice as a nurse, shop around for a more informative office. These people are in it for volume, He does not have a heart for his patients, very arogent.

February 25th, 2013

If you schedule an appointment with Dr. Fernandez, plan on sitting anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes, in the waiting room, prior to being seen. The doctor schedules so many patients, at one time, that it is impossible to be cared for on a timely basis. My experience is based on numerous visits.

October 12th, 2012

Assembly line!

I felt like I was on the assembly line. Dr. spent less than 5 min. with me. I left the office not given a chance to cover all my skin problem issues. Clearly, doctor Fernandez was in a hurry.

July 28th, 2017