Dr. Alfredo Garcia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 28th, 2016
First off, it takes a couple of hours or more to be seen. He takes forever. When he finally does sit down with you he talks about other issues, such as politics and seems not to listen to you! I'm not happy with this Dr.

May 26th, 2016
I went through pretty much every single endocrinologist in the Valley before my PA referred me to Dr. Garcia. Yes, there is a wait time; there are signs all over the office in both English and Spanish that he does take his time with his patients. My first appointment was a late morning appt and I didn't see him until close to 2 pm. But to his credit, we sat together and discussed in detail my medical issues for close to an hour. Now I try to schedule my appoints early in the day. He is very picky and thorough and you better be well-versed about your own health and medical history. I've been to several other doctors who will simply write out a prescription for yet another medication rather than take the time to find out about other meds, any exercise/diet suggestions or alternatives that can be used. I'm not bothered by his lack of bedside manner; he is a specialist, not my GP, who takes care of all of me and not just my diabetes. I like him. He can be brusque (get your sugars under control before you end up with kidney failure) but does listen, will advise, and is always professional. Plus, he has some really good assistants. You will need to get all your labs done outside the office.

January 19th, 2016
I wouldn't reccomend Dr. Garcia
I would arrive 15 minutes early yet every single time I'd wind up waiting 2-3 hours to see Dr. Garcia. When I would finally see him, he would do the typical procedures, look at the labs, and after five minutes he would say everything is fine, write a prescription, and leave. He wouldn't make eye contact and my experience felt rather dehumanizing. When he told me about me cancer diagnosis, he followed it with saying "out of all the cancers, this is the best one to have". I had a better experience at the state clinic on Rangerville Rd. The doctor there would listen to me, and he actually remembered personal details about me like when I'd talk about hobbies or family. Dr. Garcia may be considered a bright mind in his field, but when it comes to making your feel cared for, taken care of, or like a human being, he will not deliver.

March 20th, 2012
The doctor is very caring and listens very carefully to all of your concerns. He is answers every question with great detail and explains it so that you completely understand. You truly feel like you are cared for by the doctor and his staff; not like some other doctors who seem to just be rushing you in and out.