Dr. Ali Afrookteh MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Frederick, MD

January 28th, 2015
As a psychologist I value a physician who is highly competent and relational. Dr. Afrookteh is both and I couldn't more highly recommend his care.

February 20th, 2012
Wonderful physician
Dr. Afrookteh is a brilliant, thoughtful doctor who looks for connections between conditions. I feel reassured that someone is looking out for my health when I interact with him. Further, his nurse practitioner Judy is outstanding, and the entire staff work as one to provide efficient service. The prctice is quite a team.

July 31st, 2011
Former Patient
I had been a patient of this Dr. for 20+ years. 3 years ago I had a physical and blood work -- My calcium levels were high and I had major fatigue, panic attacks and other thyroid symptoms. Dr. Afrookteh did not do further analysis of the high calcium levels. I finally decided to change Drs. this year b/c I wanted to find out what in the world I had. My new Dr. did a PTH test due to my symptoms and high calcium levels and it turns out I have Parathyroid Disease. This is serious and matches all the symptoms I have had for about 4 yrs. As much as I like Dr. Afrookteh personally, I am really disappointed in him professionally for not testing me for Parathyroid Disease.

May 19th, 2011
I was one of Dr. Afrookteh's first patients when he came to Frederick over 20 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. He listens carefully and onsequently is an excellent diagnostician. Prescription medication use is appropriate. Although not necessary, Dr. Afrookteh also has a highly developed sense of humor. What more can a person ask for in a doctor?