Dr. Ali Askari MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2015
The two Askari doctors in Prescott, AZ
The two Askari brothers working in Prescott, AZ are the absolute BEST doctors who are easy to talk with, give complete and understandable instructions and as much time as necessary to make us feel that they have our best interest at heart. My husband and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE TWO AMAZING DOCTORS AND THANK GOD THEY ARE PRACTICING HERE.

December 2nd, 2012
Most satisfied w/Dr. Askai....
been seeing the Dr. since 1995 and have no complaints...the whole staff is a first class operation...highly professional...wouldn't consider changing..always available and attentive to the patient....

May 9th, 2012
No real explanation of the true problem
My first impressions of him were unknown, because I had never been to a cardiologist. He did the lexiscan and an stress echo and said I was fine 2007. Three years later 2010 I got a pain 4 different times in my chest that resembled severe heartburn. My family practice dr sent me right away back to Askari. They did a lexiscan again, stress echo and then did an ultra sound of my heart by computer. I did not see him for 3 weeks. In his Phx office he said that I was 95% closed in my right artery and we will see about in my left side in the Cath Lab. My current doctor told me I had another artery which was blocked 70% at the time of the stent placements. After 2 weeks and 4 stents I saw Dr. Askari and he said every thing looked good just by looking at me know EKG or any scans just me saying I felt good. All the time trusting him. After 6 weeks he put me on Lipitor 10mg, Metoprolol 5mg. I asked him if he was going to do blood work to check my level of the cholestoral and he said no he would do another stress echo.That made me change cardiologists because I know enough about medicine that I am checked every 3 months to see what my body is doing with my diabetes and how my other meds are interacting with each other and when I needed to lower or increase doses or drop a medicine and change it is done. My family dr would call me when he had the results of my blood work and tell me what I needed to do and what he was giving me a prescription for. My now cardiologist has informed me that I should have had a bypass, because I am a diabetic and had triple vessel disease.and the stents were known to close, because of the blood in your system is different. So if you have diabetes and they say they are going to stent you say no and have them refer you to a cardiovascular surgeon who has an excellent reputation for bypass surgery and get his opinion.

September 13th, 2011
Team Member
I have been seeing DR. Askari now for 12 years I am lucky to have him on my TEAM

May 22nd, 2010
Doesnt spend much time with patient, doesnt explain anything. Will prescribe medication and not follow up with proper blood testing to prevent further complications from meds.

May 24th, 2017