Dr. Ali Ghafouri MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 25th, 2016
Luckiest day of my life was finding Ali Ghafouri, MD, FACS. I tripped and fell in my backyard at home and suffered a severe injury to my right eye. At the emergency room a on call specialist was called in and it was determined that I had suffered a inferior orbital fracture of my right eye socket which would require major surgery to repair. The doctor who treated me at the emergency room performed the required surgery and I assumed all was complete. However after numerous follow up appointments it was determined that I would need another major surgery to repair my right lower eyelid which was still grossly misshaped. After listening to the proposed procedure to correct this eyelid I felt that something wasn’t right about this second major surgery. It was at this point I decided I needed a second opinion. I began searching the internet and found eyelidsurgeries.com and Dr. Ghafouri. On my first appointment Dr. Ghafouri listened to my history of this accident and what had been performed and what was proposed in the second major surgery. Dr. Ghafouri explained that this was not the correct procedure to correct my eyelid. His explanation was concise, thorough and easy to understand. I immediately changed doctors because Dr. Ghafouri has performed this procedure thousands of times over the years. Dr. Ghafouri performed my second surgery and all went well. As the months went by with numerous follow up appointments I listened carefully to his instructions and followed them to the letter. Today was my last visit to Dr. Ghafouri because my recovery is complete. There is absolutely no evidence I ever had an accident or any surgeries at all. I look exactly as I did before the accident. I have no recurring symptoms what so ever. The luckiest day of my life was finding Dr. Ghafouri.

November 12th, 2016
His explanation was concise, thorough and easy to understand. I immediately chose Dr. Ghafouri because Dr. Ghafouri has performed this procedure thousands of times over the years. Dr. Ghafouri performed my surgery and all went well. As the months went by with numerous follow up appointments I listened carefully to his instructions and followed them to the letter. Today there is absolutely no evidence I ever had an accident or any surgery at all. I look exactly as I did before the accident. I have no recurring symptoms what so ever.

August 28th, 2016
Not Real Happy
Not really sure if Dr. Ghafouri was really my surgeon! Taken to a back room, someone drew on my face, put me to sleep, woke up in recovery. I never saw the doctor, before, during or after. I was told I had self dissolving stitches,but one in the corner definitely was not and I had to go back to have it removed. It had been there too long and cause more of a scar. They actually wanted to charge me for it and sent me a bill but in fairness to them, she did reverse it after I complained. I had an eyelid lift due to interference with vision. Everyone saying great things, he seemed to always be in a big hurry to me. Only one year later, hard to see I had anything done...except quite wide scars on my eyelids and nearly constant twitches and pulling feeling in my eyelids.

February 10th, 2016
I had great results with my surgery, far beyond what I expected. Dr. Ghafouri is A++++.

August 26th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
We went to Dr. Ghafouri after meeting and being very dissatisfied with another physician. Dr. Ghafouri was very patient and kind, addressing comprehensively all of our questions, as well as taking extensive time to examine my husband and question him about his history, given Dr. Ghafouri's observations, a thoroughness noticeably lacking with the first doctor. Dr. Ghafouri also suggested a surgery that appears to be significantly less invasive than the one suggested by the first doctor - a suggestion for which we were both grateful. Although my husband has yet to have the surgery, which he will have in three weeks, we feel confident in Dr. Ghafouri's hands and are optimistic about the results. We're very happy that we switched to Dr. Ghafouri and would recommend him to anyone needing the types of surgeries he performs. As far as difficulties with his office staff, we had none and in fact found the receptionist/scheduler superior to many others we have encountered.

March 30th, 2015
Upper Eyelid (Droopy Lid) Surgery
So thankful to have gone to Doctor Ghafouri for a second opinion and ultimately for my upper eyelid procedure. The first doctor suggested an eyebrow lift and stated there would be some scarring. Dr Ghafori was precisely in line with what procedure I thought was needed, excess skin removal. There is no scarring, no detection of surgery and recovery was so easy. We are so grateful...highly recommended.

July 12th, 2013
Dr Ghafouri was outstanding..My Consult with him was a great experience..He never tried to sell me on a procedure..He was very honest and appeared to be very genuine...I would recommend him to family and friends...

February 14th, 2013
Great Doctor andstaff
I was referred by my OD and had excellent care. It was devastating to find out I had eyelid cancer. The front office lady helped coordinate my surgery and was reassured me that everything would be fine. Dr. Ghafouri did an excellent job and I'm most thankful for his surgical skills. I would recommend his services to anyone needing eyelid surgery.

October 19th, 2012
Outstanding Occuplastic Surgeon!!
Dr. Ghafouri corrected a botched quad blepharoplasty performed by another plastic surgeon in Scottsdale. Dr. Ghafouri knows exactly what to do to effect an outstanding revision. Another plastic surgoeon took too much skin during a quad bleph and left both of my lower eyelids with a "droop". Dr. Ghafouri put in a graft in one eyelid and performed a canthoplasty in both. My results are fantastic. he is warm, personable, calm, knowledgeable and an artist in his craft. I most strongly urge you to have Dr. Ghafouri perform any eyelid surgery you may need or choose to have. He has a gift and I owe so much to him for what he has done for me. I recommend him exclusively to anyone that requires plastic surgery around the eyes. he is absolutely the very BEST!

August 22nd, 2012
Wonderful service
Dr. Ghafouri was wonderful as was his front office staff. She guided me through the entire process and was always cordial. She went beyond her duties and helped me with billing after the surgery for both facility and anesthesia. Wonderful services from the two of them.

August 11th, 2012
He should be called no-pain-doc. Very gentle hands!!!

July 30th, 2012
Wonderful doctor if you can get past the front office staff, who consists of one individual. If you can pay out of pocket for cosmetic surgery, front office individual treats you decently. If you're not rich, she treats you poorly! Beware!