Dr. Ali Guerami MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 4th, 2015
Worst experience with a doctor and staff I have EVER had
I saw Dr. Gurerami for about 3 months about once every other week. I felt like the doctor didn't listen to me and asked me the same questions every time I came in, instead of spending a few minutes reading my chart before the appointment each time. I also felt like I was just extra money coming in to the staff, and would get charged for things that were unnecessary. For example, told him I had just taken an ovulation test at home which was negative, then having me take another one in the office, which was still negative, and charging me $30 for it. Tried to do the same thing the next month, so I refused the test. I expressed my concern for getting up to 3 sonograms a month at $252 a piece, because I could not really afford to do so, and when I asked about some of my charges to the staff, they rudely told me if I had any issue with charges to contact my insurance company. After doing so, I realized that I had been overcharged over $800. I called the staff to let them know and once again they acted rude and put out. They were only apologetic after they realized I was correct and sent me a check. I had another procedure at the clinic Dr. Guerami works at in Frisco for my HSG test. I was convinced to go there instead of in Dallas, because they would charge me a little less money. I was told on the phone that it would be $400. At the office the form said $450, but that they were also going to bill my insurance almost $5000 to see if they would pay anything and if not it would be waived. Right after the procedure, performed by Dr. Guerami, the woman assisting him said the images were not saved and the doctor was irritated with her and was letting her know in front of me. The procedure was very uncomfortable and I was in tears on the way home knowing if I decided to see a different doctor, which I was already considering, there would be no images for the new doctor and I would probably have to repeat the test. I have a friend that was going through infertility and her doctor found what was causing her to be unable to get pregnant in her images, and she had a procedure to fix the issue and went on to get pregnant. I expressed that I didn't feel I should be charged the full amount for this due to the error of the facility, and after calling twice and finally writing a letter to the office after not hearing back from them after over 2 months, she told me I owed the money and technically they don't even have to keep the images as long as the doctor wrote a report. I had numerous tests done, clomid for 4 months, and an IUI. I have a 15 year old daughter and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years. I am now 37. None of my tests were abnormal, my husband's 2 tests were normal, I feel like something was missed, and I regret that I didn't choose a different doctor, who would seem to actually care about my situation and not just seem to want to get paid.

May 28th, 2013
I Love Dr. Guerami
Hes the best Dr. of any kind I have ever been to. He really cares about his patients and their feelings but still manages to be honest and gives you direct answers even if they may be upsetting. The staff was also great and caring and I never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get in for an appointment even on the times they squeezed me in last minute. I would recommend him for sure!

September 30th, 2012
Dr. Guerami and the entire staff at FIRM is fantastic. It seemed like I visited them so much they became part of my support system during my difficult journey. Anytime I called, I was able to talk to a nurse or they would return my call soon after. Dr. Guerami himself is a wonderful doctor. He showed me how important it is to have a good experience with your doctor. He would spend as much time with me as I needed. Dr. Meintjes, the embryologist, is also wonderful. He is so passionate about what he does,and loves to answer questions. Overall, I would strongly encourage anyone that is dealing with infertility to visit Dr. Guerami. He will change your perspective and he helped us achieve our dream of a family!

July 27th, 2012
A doctor who can be highly recommended
Our experience with Dr.Guerami has been amazing. We have always felt very comfortable as he answers all our questions, help us understand our situations , help us take the right decisions and more than anything I have never seen any other doctor till date who cares so much for his patient's feelings. I would highly recommend Dr.Guerami to people who need help with their feritlity. I truly wish he could have been my OBGYN. If he was practicing gynecology, I would not give a second thought than going with him. Thank you Dr. Guerami for everything.

June 19th, 2012
Very knowledgable doctor
My experience with Dr.Guerami was wonderful. The most I like is, he patiently listens to my questions and answers them and makes me feel comfortable when i leave his office. His care and professionalism is really marvellous and he is "the" doctor who cares for patient's feelings. I did a lot of online research when I want to choose my fertility doctor and Im blessed with Dr.Guerami.