Otolaryngologists
4955 Van Nuys Blvd
Ste 505
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
818-986-5500
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Marriage, Family Therapist  |  show details
by Judith Fraser, MFT on Jun 29th, 2014

Dr. Namazie has never stopped amazing me. He is always available either on the phone or in the office. He takes time to answer questions and does a thorough examination. Love him.

|  HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

One of the worst experiences I ever had with the staff at a doctors office. I had an appointment with the doctor, so a Teresa from Dr. Namazies office called to confirm it and she mentioned, I am calling to confirm todays appointment at 1:30pm. She also gave me directions with the two wrong turns. She told me to make a right on Reseda, then right on Clark, but in reality I was supposed to make a left on Reseda and left on Clark. I finally found the place and another girl at the reception tells me that the doctor is not in today. He was at another office in Sherman oaks. I called that other office and asked for Teresa, and they said shes not in, so I got very upset and ask to speak to the manager. Of course manager is not in. Since I already got off of work, I asked if I can see the doctor at the Sherman Oaks office. They put me on hold and Teresa (which was not in) picks up the phone and tells me NO. Even after I explain to her that this is no way to treat a patient and I cant just get off of work and drive 35 miles just because the staff screwed up. She didnt even apologize or act like she cared for her patients, office, or job.I know bad office staff is not an indication of a bad doctor, but they way I look at it, a good doctor is observant, and would pay attention to the way my staff conducts their business. If Dr. Namazie cares for his reputation, he can contact me xkuisit@gmail.com

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by tjmiller at Citysearch on Jul 19th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Took my wife to Dr. Namazie for infected ears. Very nice easy to talk too. Seems very caring and professional. Have been to other Ear Dr`s and didn`t like them. The Doc knows what he`s doing. Will not on recomend him but I will go to him today for my ears. Thanks Doc.

|  Patient  |  show details
    Apr 5th, 2012

I love this doctor. He is professional yet he feels like a friend. I never feel rushed or unimportant. My daughter was in the ER on a Sunday and he met us there to take care of her, even though the er doctor could probably have done it. He cares.

|  Nice guy but not what I want in a doctor.  |  show details
    by askrentzin at Citysearch on Mar 8th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Namazie is a very nice guy. I was there to see him about a lump on my neck an indication of a serious condition that runs in my family. When it was my turn to see him he was very short, vague and did not address my questions. He asked to use MY phone to make a call!! Unbelievable and very unprofessional. He seems to use the calm and friendly charm to win patients over. I didn`t want that I wanted answers, explanation... professional opinion.He sent me out of the office completely in the dark. He gave me \"\"orders\"\" which the woman at the front desk couldn`t explain and wouldn`t get clarification. Sure Dr. Namazie is friendly, but there is no way I would go back to him for a medical concern.

|  Nice guy but not what I want in a doctor.  |  show details
    by askrentzin at Citysearch on Mar 8th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Namazie is a very nice guy. I was there to see him about a lump on my neck an indication of a serious condition that runs in my family. When it was my turn to see him he was very short, vague and did not address my questions. He asked to use MY phone to make a call!! Unbelievable and very unprofessional. He seems to use the calm and friendly charm to win patients over. I didn`t want that I wanted answers, explanation... professional opinion.He sent me out of the office completely in the dark. He gave me \"orders\" which the woman at the front desk couldn`t explain and wouldn`t get clarification. Sure Dr. Namazie is friendly, but there is no way I would go back to him for a medical concern.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
     |  He`s good, but good luck if you ever need to see him  |  show details
    by momreviewer at Citysearch on Jun 1st, 2011 on citysearch.com

Ok so the guy is good. But just wait until you have a problem and need to see him right away! Got an ear infection Are you really sick and need to get in Good luck, it`s about 6 weeks until you can get to him. And the best part, they won`t return your call for the appt. until you try 2 or 3 times so don`t bother leaving a message. My son has tubes, a bad ear infection and one of the tubes is stuck in the canal and has been for weeks. Our pediatrician can`t get it out. Namazie`s nurses told me it will be a month before I can schedule an appt. Thanks a lot you stupid idiots. This happens over and over and over. They will just send you to his Physician`s Assistant and bill you for the full amount anyway. We had to visit her 3 times to get the diagnosis correct. Demand to see the doctor!!!

|  Could not have asked for better  |  show details
    by JesseMeriwether at Citysearch on May 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

My nose was broken 10 years ago and - slowly but surely - it stopped working. I have never had any kind of surgery done so I was quiet nervous. Doc was so cool and nice and funny. Totally made me feel like it was no big deal and it was going to all be great. AND IT WAS! He had to break my nose and STILL, the pain and recovery was minimal. Im still swollen a little surgery was little over a month ago and it takes a while for it ALL to go down, but it looks great and I can BREATH! Dr. Namazie is the best of the best in this lady`s book.

|  A good doctor, but very busy...  |  show details
    Jan 24th, 2011

He strikes me a quality doctor. He certainly took plenty of time with me. He was patient, and even called back the same day when I had a question for him. We never got to the bottom of my problem, but I don't really blame him for that. I've got a complex issue going on. My only issue is that he's just very busy. Takes a while to see him, so if you're suffering... that can be a real negative. Overall, I think he's a step above the average ENT, and I'd recommend him... if you've got the ability to be patient with the process.

|  Dr. Namazie is wonderful  |  show details
    Aug 9th, 2010

My long-time internist referred me to Dr. Namazie after I broke my nose. He performed a successful reconstructive surgery several months after the accident. In addition to his professional expertise, I give Dr. Namazie high ratings especially for his kindness and professionalism in dealing with me as a patient. He's outstanding!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
    by megafam at Citysearch on Jul 9th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I was referred to Dr. Ali R. Namazie, M.D. by my family doctor. There was a serious concern with my thyroid gland. Dr. Namazie has helped me to make a right decision and led through the process with amazing knowledge, professionalism, medical ethic. I wish Dr. Namazie all the best in his life he is a great, great doctor!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
    by megafam at Citysearch on Jul 9th, 2010 on citysearch.com

|  Adult Tonsilectomy and Adenoids  |  show details
    by HappyHappyMom on Apr 8th, 2010 on citysearch.com

My 19 yr. old daughter has had trouble with what many other Dr.`s have called severe allergies for 10 years.....however no treatments or meds ever worked. Dr. Namazie recommended tonsil removal which was done just 8 hours ago. My daughter is sound asleep.and breathing through her nose for the first time in 10 years! She is not snoring or coughing...she is smiling!!! God Bless You Dr. Namazie!!!

|  RUN SCREAMING FROM THIS MAN!  |  show details
    by Bonnie Milani on Mar 26th, 2010

Dr. Namazie certainly knows how to charm a patient. Unfortunately, he simply doesn't know medicine. I was twice referred to him for ear and nose problems. The ear problem proved to be ear wax which simply needed to be removed. He told me it was a collapsed eustacian tube. The second problem was for recurrent nose bleeds. He was unable to effectively cauterize the cut causing the bleeds. When the bleeding started up after only a few days, he refused to so much as speak to me - he was too busy with his more profitable beauty surgeries. His OFFICE MANAGER told me he was referring me to a CAT scan. $1200 later, I was left to repeatedly call his office until his OFFICE MANAGER told me 'it was no problem'. When I demanded Dr. Namazie should at least pay a repeat patient the courtesy of a conversation, his response was to have his OFFICE MANAGER send me a letter telling me essentially he didn't need patients like me & to find myself another doctor - but to be sure and pay his bill first!I consider this man to be both professionally negligent and incompetent. I have filed complaints against him with my insurance company and am in the process of doing so with the CA Medical Board as well as the State Attorney General's office. I strongly suggest that if you value your health you run screaming from this 'doctor'.If you valu

|  Dr. McAwesome!  |  show details
    by Gisele on Jul 8th, 2008

I love Dr. Namazie! I can not say enough about this doctor. He is McAwesome, McHottie whatever you want to call him. The guy is really good at what he does. He just fixed my deviated septum, turbinates and nose on the outside so a septoplasty. First of he is super nice and smart. I mean the guy really knows his stuff. He should be arrogant considering how good he is but not at all. I mean I was going to him with question after question about what other doctors said and never once did he say "are you questioning me". He welcomed all questions and was always funny and cool about it. He is an ENT and only does FACIAL plastic surgery which is good if you don't want a breast aug and someone who focuses on the face. I even showed him photos other doctors did (simulations) and he was okay with that because he knew what is and not going to work for my face and I am glad because sometimes we patients don't know what is going to look good and what isn't after all is set and done. Many doctors would be offended but not Dr. Namazie. My nose already looks amazing after only 10 days. I didn't need to take any pain medication because he is so gentle. I had no bruising whatsoever. It is still healing so I can't breathe from my nose 100% yet but that is expected. The only discomfort was stomach related and that was because of the antibiotics and that is not his fault. He was going on vacation right after my surgery and offered to stop in the next day and check on my nose if I stayed in the hospital. I ended up going home so his staff were helpful with removing the packing and stitches. I will probably go back and schedule a follow up with him to make sure everything is healing properly. I wish his office were better about following up more after surgery but they are a very busy practice. The irony of it all is he is located in Sherman Oaks not Beverly Hills but his work is so much better than any of those doctors. Overall he is great and I would highly recommend him to anyone. My friends already made appointments. The only thing I wish he did more of is use email! He is way too busy for email but always calls back if you call his office and ask him to call you.

|  show details
    by angie123 on Aug 20th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Namazie is the BEST at what he does! He is an ENT and facial plastic surgeon. We was actually recommended to me by: My doctor, my girlfirend who is a nurse, and one of my business clients! I don't know too many people, so this was very encouraging!

|  love Dr. Namazie!!  |  show details
    by angie123 at Citysearch on Aug 20th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Namazie is my Ear Nost throat Dr.