Dr. Ali Rahimi MD Patient Reviews

2.9

September 2nd, 2016
Bad
He was pretty bad to my family regarding medical issues. The treatment my dad got was subpar. I cried a lot in dealing with this man. I finally found another dr to help us (my dad was hospitalized and it was a hard process to switch Drs once in the hospital). The new dr made me and my family realize just how poorly we had been treated by dr Rahimi. I looked up Medicare reimbursements online for the year for this dr. He charged above and beyond what a "normal" geriatric dr would charge. The amount of money he charged the Gov't for care my dad (and others) never received should have been investigated but he left town suddenly....

October 21st, 2015
Left town without notice
Dr. Rahimi left town without giving his patients any advanced notice. He ordered tests on me when he knew he would not be around to evaluate them. Very unprofessional.

November 24th, 2012
Excellant with 100 yr olds
My Dad started with him 8 years ago and he is the most articulate, caring, doctor we have ever had. My Dad turned 100 this year and is looking forward to many more years with him. Both my husband and I have changed doctors to him three years ago and are very satisfied.

May 22nd, 2012
Con artist
I had been seeing Dr. Rahimi for years under a traditional health plan with no issues. I switched to a high deductible plan at work. My employer will donate monies to my Health Savings Account if I got a "physical exam". I went to Dr. Rahimi for the "physical". He scheduled a "stress test" to be done. With me being at my age I thought nothing of it as the "physical" was to be covered as "preventative". Then I received a bill for over $800 for the stress test. When I asked Dr. Rahimi about it he said he didn't know what a "physical" was and not to worry about the bill. Then the bill kept coming and I was threatened with legal action if I didn't pay the bill.

August 3rd, 2011
RUDE AND ARROGENT
Even though only a handful of people have taken the time to write a review on Rahimi, believe what you read! Dr. Rahimi may be an experienced doctor, but he is extremely difficult to deal with. My mother was a patient of Rahimis for 10 months. She was recommended to see him because he was a Geriatric Medicine specialist and also known for dealing with Dementia patients like my mom. When she was admitted to the hospital for a blood clot in her leg, Dr Rahimi took 4 days to follow up with me. 4 DAYS!!!! I called him everyday (once a day) worried about her, and he would not follow up with me. When I spoke to Rahimi about corresponding with me in a timely manner regarding my mothers health, he took it personal. There were two more similar incidents that happened like this. When I confronted Rahimi one last time, his response was I can only do what I do. Then he stated that if I wanted to get my mother a new physician, then do it! My job as a son and a caretaker is to look out for my mothers best interest. When Dr. Rahimi suggested that I find her a new doctor, I was shocked and blown away. That let me know that he does not care, and does not want her as a patient. I can only assume that Rahimi told me that, because he thought I was about let him go as my mothers physician. That was not the case. Then to add injury to insult, Dr. Ail Rahimi apologized with his back turned to me. THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! It was also insincere, and I expected more from him. Rahimi was clearly angry by my complaint. He could not even look me in my eye when leaving the room, however Dr. Rahimis EXCELLENT staff apologized for HIS actions, and they REALLY meant it. As a professional high ranking doctor I thought that Rahimi would be more compassionate about patient care, but obviously not. Like most of you my mother is all I have. I refuse to let a physician that cannot professionally respond to a complaint care for her. By the way.I forwarded this complaint to many of Dr. Rahimis colleagues in the medical field, and they were not surprised by what they read!!!! DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED ONES TO DR. ALI RAHIMI!!!

December 21st, 2010
Doctor of last resort
You will regret visiting this doctor's office. While the doc has good clinical skills, his office policies and staff are a nightmare. Everything is geared towards maximizing your expenses instead of minimizing them. Also, don't be surprised if you are turned away from your own appointments! I have really never experienced such unprofessionalism from a medical practice. Exams are overly lengthy because you have to answer the same questions over and over for each of the medical student he has there (again to maximize the financial benefit of your visit.) I'm all for running a business in a profitable manner but the best way to do that is by providing a quality service. This office gets a huge thumb down.

September 8th, 2009
He is great His office manger is horrible
Dr Rahimi is great, however, after reading all of the article that he has wrote on how people don't get the proper follow- up because of cost, it amazes me the he has the horrible office manager that he has. Tim has no buisness working with the public. I would not go back because of him.

December 20th, 2008
Dr. Rahimi, is one of the most compassionate dr.'s I've ever dealt with, His diagonostic skill unparralleledd. I have referred four friends they all love him! The staff is kind and professional.

April 1st, 2008
very thorough
a little aprupt but don't let that get you turned off....Super professional staff and Dr. spends all the time that is necessary with you.